Old 19-06-2008, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damaged Pieris

Someone/one has broken a couple of 'branches' from my small pieris which is
next to the footpath. I'm very fond of this plant. It's shape is spoilt but
it will recover.

My question is, is there any chance of striking roots from the broken bits?

Mary

Old 19-06-2008, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Someone/one has broken a couple of 'branches' from my small pieris which
is next to the footpath. I'm very fond of this plant. It's shape is spoilt
but it will recover.

My question is, is there any chance of striking roots from the broken
bits?

Mary

funny enough, I tried this a few weeks ago, and not one of them have
taken... I'm not having my usual good luck with cuttings lately....

Old 19-06-2008, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sheila" wrote in message
om...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Someone/one has broken a couple of 'branches' from my small pieris

which
is next to the footpath. I'm very fond of this plant. It's shape is

spoilt
but it will recover.

My question is, is there any chance of striking roots from the

broken
bits?

Mary

funny enough, I tried this a few weeks ago, and not one of them have
taken... I'm not having my usual good luck with cuttings lately....

Bottom heat needed Se he
http://www.floridata.com/ref/P/pier_jap.cfm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 19-06-2008, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Sheila" wrote in message
om...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Someone/one has broken a couple of 'branches' from my small pieris

which
is next to the footpath. I'm very fond of this plant. It's shape is

spoilt
but it will recover.

My question is, is there any chance of striking roots from the

broken
bits?

Mary

funny enough, I tried this a few weeks ago, and not one of them have
taken... I'm not having my usual good luck with cuttings lately....

Bottom heat needed Se he
http://www.floridata.com/ref/P/pier_jap.cfm

Thanks for that Emrys

Mary

Old 19-06-2008, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 19 Jun, 14:58, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote in message
. com...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
Someone/one has broken a couple of 'branches' from my small pieris

which
is next to the footpath. I'm very fond of this plant. It's shape is

spoilt
but it will recover.

My question is, is there any chance of striking roots from the

broken
bits?

Mary

funny enough, I tried this a few weeks ago, and not one of them have
taken... *I'm not having my usual good luck with cuttings lately....

Bottom heat needed *Se he
http://www.floridata.com/ref/P/pier_jap.cfm

Thanks for that Emrys

Mary- Hide quoted text -

I doubt if you will have any luck, but what the hell try, what have
you to loose.
Good luck
David Hill

Old 19-06-2008, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

I doubt if you will have any luck, but what the hell try, what have
you to loose.

Quite. Nothing to lose, perhaps something to gain.

I'll post if successful ...

Mary

[IBC] Pieris japonica pygmacea Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 09-03-2004 02:41 AM
[IBC] Pieris japonica Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 16-01-2004 11:12 PM
Pieris Janice United Kingdom 10 24-10-2003 06:13 PM
Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem? TobyB United Kingdom 1 02-05-2003 08:33 PM
Pieris Forest Flame looking sad Mon United Kingdom 2 20-02-2003 07:16 PM