Old 26-06-2008, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Original Organics at Gardeners World Live 2008

On 14th June I attended GWL at the NEC and ordered an Original Wormery
for myself and a 30ltr Junior Wormery for the local school, from the
Original Organics show stand, but nothing has been delivered yet.

I've tried ringing them and the answering system says that they are
very busy with delayed response times, so I emailed them - still no
answer.

Does anyone know of any problems with this company, did anyone else
order from the show? If so what has happened, has your order been
delivered?

Cheers
Steve
Old 26-06-2008, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
80/20 writes
On 14th June I attended GWL at the NEC and ordered an Original Wormery
for myself and a 30ltr Junior Wormery for the local school, from the
Original Organics show stand, but nothing has been delivered yet.

I've tried ringing them and the answering system says that they are
very busy with delayed response times, so I emailed them - still no
answer.

Does anyone know of any problems with this company, did anyone else
order from the show? If so what has happened, has your order been
delivered?

Cheers
Steve

I got my wormery from Wiggly wigglers and it was delivered very quickly.
Presumably the Original Organics have been overwhelmed by orders?

Their web site says

"Want it quickly?
Don't worry! Have delivery the next working day for an extra £3.00, when
you order by 2pm! (Not available in Scottish Highlands, NI or Offshore
Isles - sorry!)"

You can directly contact them on their website if that's any help.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 28-06-2008, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 Jun, 23:00, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
,
80/20 writes

[...]

The option for fast delivery was no offered at the exhibition, I guess
they knew they wouldn't be able to cope.

I've now had the Original Wormery deliveried and it is now set up,
however that is only part of the order as the otherone still hasn't
arrived.

What is even more disappointing is the total lack of response to my
email, which doesn't bode well for future business, in this day and
age it costs nothing to communicate properly with customers.

Steve
Old 30-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered User

I ordered an original organics wormery from the show as well, and it was finally delivered last week, I wasn't very impressed though.

I also emailed, and phoned the company but couldn't talk to anyone - nor did anyone reply to my emails

I was also very unimpressed with the lack of worms that were sent. I received about 50 half dead tiger worms.
not what I was exepecting.

I have already set up the wormery, but its very wet, too be honest Im a bit unsure of it, I can't see how the worms get any air, apart from those 2 small holes in the bin lid ???

how are others getting on ?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 30, 11:04*am, harmony
wrote:
I ordered an original organics wormery from the show as well, and it was
finally delivered last week, I wasn't very impressed though.

I also emailed, and phoned the company but couldn't talk to anyone -
nor did anyone reply to my emails

I was also very unimpressed with the lack of worms that were sent. I
received about 50 half dead tiger worms.
not what I was exepecting.

I have already set up the wormery, but its very wet, too be honest Im a
bit unsure of it, I can't see how the worms get any air, apart from
those 2 small holes in the bin lid ???

how are others getting on ?

--
harmony

Hi Harmony,

Yes I was also less than impressed with the package, but even more so
with the fact that they still haven't delivered the second part of my
order.

I still haven't received any response to my emails and can't talk to
anyone on the 'phone.

I think it's time to talk to Trading Standards!

Steve

Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Can i suggest you get the worms from Wiggly Wigglers? They sell items
separately and I have to say my experience with them has been very good.
They are very keen on their product and go to great lengths to help you
get it right.

Janet
Old 06-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy View Post
Can i suggest you get the worms from Wiggly Wigglers? They sell items
separately and I have to say my experience with them has been very good.
They are very keen on their product and go to great lengths to help you
get it right.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk
I went and bought some more worms from a company called worm city as they were a lot cheaper tnan wiggly wigglers.
and they were delivered in a couple of days.

Steve
I can't beleive that you are still waiting for your goods, and no one will answer your emails - sometimes threatening companies with trading standards does actually work.

Good luck with it
Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 6, 9:09*pm, harmony wrote:
Janet Tweedy;801840 Wrote:

[...]

Harmony,
Finally got an email from Original Organics saying that all NEC orders
had now been sent out - but I haven't received the second part of the
order.

This was intended as a gift for the school where my wife works, she is
doing the Forest Schools teaching, and it would have been ideal for
the children to start the Wormery off. they break up in 2 weeks time
so I'm guessing they won't see they worms working before they go even
if it turns up this week.

By the way how is your Wormery working now?

Steve
Old 17-07-2008, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

16th July 2008 - Second wormery arrived - Sighs of relief!

Steve