Old 28-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris[_3_] View Post
Please could you recommend suitable containers for storing apples.

I suppose some kind of stacking baskets would do the trick.

Any recommendations as to what to use and where to get them?
--
Chris
Just came across this while looking for something else, don't think you'll like the price though.:-)

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...ge/GCG-122.htm
Old 28-08-2008, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Containers for storing apples

In article , Granity
writes
'Chris[_3_ Wrote:
;812442']Please could you recommend suitable containers for storing
apples.
I suppose some kind of stacking baskets would do the trick.
Any recommendations as to what to use and where to get them?

Just came across this while looking for something else, don't think
you'll like the price though.:-)
http://tinyurl.com/6hxxvo

You're not kidding!

I got some folding plastic containers from Wilco @ 1.69
and I reckon sixteen of them should be enough for about 500 apples.

They will be sterilisable, being plastic.
I will close pack the apples and inspect every week.

They should be OK in the utility room, which should be mouse-proof in
that the cat has access to it!
--
Chris
Old 28-08-2008, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message ]
from Chris ] contains these words:
In article , Granity
writes
'Chris[_3_ Wrote:
;812442']Please could you recommend suitable containers for storing
apples.
I suppose some kind of stacking baskets would do the trick.
Any recommendations as to what to use and where to get them?

Just came across this while looking for something else, don't think
you'll like the price though.:-)
http://tinyurl.com/6hxxvo

You're not kidding!

I got some folding plastic containers from Wilco @ 1.69
and I reckon sixteen of them should be enough for about 500 apples.

They will be sterilisable, being plastic.
I will close pack the apples and inspect every week.

They should be OK in the utility room, which should be mouse-proof in
that the cat has access to it!

Just so long as it's prepared to wriggle down amongst the close-packed apples.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig