Old 20-10-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ellerslie Flower Show

Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in the
right place at the right time (early November)?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 20-10-2008, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/10/08 11:17, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:07:55 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in the
right place at the right time (early November)?

March 2009 according to their own website at
http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/

I read that one but then somewhere else I saw a mention of November which
is, of course, spring/early summer there.

Old 20-10-2008, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/10/08 16:04, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:59:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 20/10/08 11:17, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:07:55 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in the
right place at the right time (early November)?

March 2009 according to their own website at
http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/

I read that one but then somewhere else I saw a mention of November which
is, of course, spring/early summer there.

I found March an odd time for a flower show in the southern hemisphere.

I saw Nov 08 in the google result summary, but the actual result said
otherwise.

A case of the computer says "no"?

It seems to have a new location and maybe they have skipped 2008?

Ah well, we'll ask the travel agent and/or find out when we get there.
Shame to miss it if it's going on then, howsumever! ;-)

Old 21-10-2008, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Have a good trip to NZ - the Ellerslie Flower Show, last held in 2007, has
been transferred to Christchurch and will take place in March 2009 - no
Ellerslie show in 2008. So I fear that you will be neither in the right
place nor at the right time. Back to my lurking - Gillian Benson"Sacha"

Old 21-10-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/10/08 11:14, in article ,
"jean-claude.benson" wrote:

Have a good trip to NZ - the Ellerslie Flower Show, last held in 2007, has
been transferred to Christchurch and will take place in March 2009 - no
Ellerslie show in 2008. So I fear that you will be neither in the right
place nor at the right time. Back to my lurking - Gillian Benson"Sacha"
a écrit dans le message de news:
Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in
the
right place at the right time (early November)?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online)

Thanks for the info and darn it! However, I'm sure there'll be plenty of
lovely gardens to look at.

Old 21-10-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/10/08 10:24, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:57:18 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 20/10/08 16:04, in article
,

wrote:

Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in
the
right place at the right time (early November)?

March 2009 according to their own website at
http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/

I read that one but then somewhere else I saw a mention of November which
is, of course, spring/early summer there.

I found March an odd time for a flower show in the southern hemisphere.

I saw Nov 08 in the google result summary, but the actual result said
otherwise.

A case of the computer says "no"?

It seems to have a new location and maybe they have skipped 2008?

Ah well, we'll ask the travel agent and/or find out when we get there.
Shame to miss it if it's going on then, howsumever! ;-)

You could ask here. If it's like most of this sort of site, don't expect an
answer.
http://www.ellerslieflowershow.co.nz/contact-us.html

Thanks, Martin but it seems I was over-optimistic.

Old 21-10-2008, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 20, 11:07 am, Sacha wrote:
Can someone in NZ tell me the dates of the Ellerslie International Flower
Show this year? Are we by any change going to be lucky enough to be in the
right place at the right time (early November)?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
(new website online)

When are you off Sacha? you did say but I am having a few senior
moments with my memory at the moment.

Judith