Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Russian Vine

"'Mike'" wrote in message

One question. Why have you got one?

Mike
Keep that hoe going after you have cut ALL stems ;-)

It crept in from further down the row of gardens behind - not quite sure
where it originated as it seems to be going/coming in/from all
directions!

They`re very pretty in the right place but not invading a smallish garden
(or three).

Pat

Pat I quite agree with you. In a small garden a nightmare :-((

You can only attack it and knock it out every time it appears.

I missed the original post but here is a method that can be used where you
don't want to spray.
First put on rubber gloves and then cotton gloves over them. Soak the
cotton layer with Roundup or other weedkiller and then wipe the offending
plant. This will also work if you are trying to get rid of quack grass in
your flower beds.
Graam

Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 1, 4:18 pm, "graham" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

That's good advice Graham, that's my method as well as stuffing it
into sandwich bags and sloshing just a little Roundup in the bag,
twist seal and leave, it will be taken down to the roots and that
should sort it out.

Judith
Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 04:06:20 -0800 (PST), Judith in France wrote:

On Nov 1, 4:18 pm, "graham" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

I must admit that I've been doing more spraying of Roundup this year as I'm
re-arranging the garden layout near the house and I've been toooo busy with
professional work to get down on my hands and knees.
I had the lawn to the side of the house re-sodded last year and I notice
that some quack grass is invading from next door. The lawns adjoin as
there is no fence between us so I will have to be careful with any
treatment.
Graham
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 2, 6:06 pm, Graham wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 04:06:20 -0800 (PST), Judith in France wrote:
On Nov 1, 4:18 pm, "graham" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Put down a plank Graham on the dividing line with your neighbours,
then any spray that may escape your grass will land on the plank and
not their grass.

Judith

Russian vine Renee United Kingdom 36 09-04-2007 02:00 AM
Russian Vine - can it be killed off? ADH United Kingdom 3 10-06-2006 02:07 AM
Russian Vine Capt T United Kingdom 4 29-07-2005 01:06 PM
Growth habit of Clematis armandii (was Russian Vine (Polygonum baldschuanicum)) Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 10-04-2003 12:20 AM
Russian Vine (Polygonum baldschuanicum) iamhere United Kingdom 15 09-04-2003 06:56 PM