Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-10-2008, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Removing a Tree

Hi
I need to remove a tree

It was about 3 metres high when it was full height.

It was cut a coupel of eyars back so there is only a stump there (its about
30cm across so quite small)

I have started digging around it and have exposed one of the roots.

Is it ok to fidn the roots nd just sever them to stop anything growing back?

I do want to remove the main part of the stump - so I am thinking of finding
all the roots and chopping them off - but how deep might the actual stump
part go down?

I want to play grass on top so I spose I could always bdig quite deep and
then saw it off so the stump is below 'ground level' and then cover again
with mud?

How can I ensure it doesnt grow back again in a few years and coem out
through my new turf?

Removing a tree stump Keith Hampson United Kingdom 8 30-01-2005 07:34 PM
Removing ivy from a tree Rich Lawns 2 25-10-2004 06:25 PM
Removing Tree Stumps Next to Garage Brian Gardening 5 03-08-2004 06:12 PM
Removing tree stumps martin United Kingdom 2 04-05-2004 05:14 PM
removing tree near house Al Reynolds United Kingdom 9 18-06-2003 08:20 AM