Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - My dog

I went to Provence yesterday morning and got back this p.m. I went to
look a a Cane Corso, one of two sisters. When I arrived Michael
opened the electric gates and we drove in. The car was surrounded by
dogs, including a gorgeous Alsatian. The mastiffs hurled themselves
onto me, I didn't know if they were going to bite the face off me or
lick me to death. One beautiful one, not the one I went to see,
wouldn't leave me and tried to climb on my lap in the house, she is
big so she couldn't! I had gone to see the brindle Cane Corso and I
ended up falling in love with her sister who is a beautiful taupe
velvet colour. I said before we went to bed that I thought thebrindle
was lovely but she and I didn't gel, I don't know why, I said I wanted
Carlotta, the taupe one.

So, when I get back from Mauritus, we drive to Provence and pick up
Carlotta (she's Italian but speaks French and English :-) ). My
husband also thought she was delightful and is happy for her to become
ours. Now I just have to talk him into having the Alsatian as
well!!!

Judith
Old 11-02-2009, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 11, 10:14*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:05:46 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
I went to Provence yesterday morning and got back this p.m. *I went to
look a a Cane Corso, one of two sisters. *When I arrived Michael
opened the electric gates and we drove in. *The car was surrounded by
dogs, including a gorgeous Alsatian. *The mastiffs hurled themselves
onto me, I didn't know if they were going to bite the face off me or
lick me to death. *

Too much information!

One beautiful one, not the one I went to see,
wouldn't leave me and tried to climb on my lap in the house, she is
big so she couldn't! *I had gone to see the brindle Cane Corso and I
ended up falling in love with her sister who is a beautiful taupe
velvet colour. *I said before we went to bed that I thought thebrindle
was lovely but she and I didn't gel, I don't know why, I said I wanted
Carlotta, the taupe one.

So, when I get back from Mauritus, we drive to Provence and pick up
Carlotta (she's Italian but speaks French and English :-) ). *My
husband also thought she was delightful and is happy for her to become
ours. *Now I just have to talk him into having the Alsatian as
well!!!

Carlotta, the au pair?
--

Martin

Martin, what would I do without you, you always make me and Sacha
smile:-)

Judith
Old 11-02-2009, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 11, 11:29*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:05:31 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
[...]

Your post made me ROFLMAO wasn't it supposed to?
--

Martin

Behave!!!!!! Batten down tonight, the wind is getting up again.
Night!

Judith
Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
Judith in France writes

wrote:
[...]

Is your acreage large enough to support them including their daily
emptying requirements? So many people (and in no way I suggest you are
one of them) fail to consider the ongoing logistics of living with large
pooches.

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/2/09 14:17, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:51:45 +0000, Gopher wrote:

In message
,
Judith in France writes

wrote:
[...]

I used to stay in a hotel in Italy that used the empty swimming pool to hold
the
guard dogs and their crap.

Not so LOL!! As Judith and her husband have their own land and are
surrounded by thousands of acres of France, I don't think their dog's
'treasures' are going to be a major problem for them!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 11, 11:51*pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes

wrote:
[...]

We have sufficient land, my last dog didn't need much land, she was
trained to go to the shrubbery and nowhere else!!!.

Judith

Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 12, 3:17*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:02:42 +0000, Sacha wrote:
On 12/2/09 14:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:28:20 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 12/2/09 14:17, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

I used to stay in a hotel in Italy that used the empty swimming pool to hold
the
guard dogs and their crap.

Not so LOL!! *As Judith and her husband have their own land and are
surrounded by thousands of acres of France, I don't think their dog's
'treasures' are going to be a major problem for them!

The hotel is set in about 20 acres of park land. It has several football
fields
used by the Italian national team and visiting national teams for training and
lot of tennis courts, not to mention hordes of skimpily clad groupies when the
team was there.

Sounds delightful. *

It ishttp://www.laborghesiana.it/

Shall we meet you there? *;-((

Will Judith be bringing her multilingual talking dog and football boots?
--

Martin

Yes, and my gold slippers.

Judith
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 12, 10:06*am, Sacha wrote:
On 11/2/09 23:05, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On Feb 11, 10:14*pm, Martin wrote:

snip
So, when I get back from Mauritus, we drive to Provence and pick up
Carlotta (she's Italian but speaks French and English :-) ). *My
husband also thought she was delightful and is happy for her to become
ours. *Now I just have to talk him into having the Alsatian as
well!!!

Carlotta, the au pair?
--

Martin

Martin, what would I do without you, you always make me and Sacha
smile:-)

Judith

Lucky you and lucky Carlotta - she'll have a very loving home in the
country. *She sounds perfect and you do need to bond with your animal.
She'll have you round her little finger in no time flat!! *Now you have to
teach her about ratting........ *;-))
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

Now, we have a lot of rats, not in the house but in the lower barn.

Judith
Old 13-02-2009, 01:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Judith in France writes
I went to
look a a Cane Corso,

Blimey!! They can be a bit 'off' with strangers Judith and they can be
prone to what is termed 'separation anxiety' in that when you go away
they miss you so much that they can stop eating, pine, howl, or do any
number of weird things.
They are very placid generally though I'm not sure what they are like
with other dogs if you intend to walk her. Might give those French
poodles a bit of a turn.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-02-2009, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 13, 1:12*am, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
,
Judith in France writes

I went to
look a a Cane Corso,

Blimey!! They can be a bit 'off' with strangers Judith and they can be
prone to what is termed 'separation anxiety' in that when you go away
they miss you so much that they can stop eating, pine, howl, *or do any
number of weird things.
They are very placid generally though I'm not sure what they are like
with other dogs if you intend to walk her. Might give those French
poodles a bit of a turn.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Hi Janet, I did my homework even before I went to look. This is the
dog we both want and bearing in mind our circumstances, location land
etc., she will be in her element. I took her for a walk in town with
traffic, other dogs, people, she was a darling and very obedient. She
is about a year old, I pick her up when I return from holiday at the
end of March. Have you still got Dalmatians Janet, they are lovely
dogs.

Judith