Old 17-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Registered User

Hello,

I am a researcher at Landmark Films, a documentary company based in Oxford who make films for BBC, ITV1, Channel 4 and Sky1. We are known for making access-led, intelligent, well crafted, warm and funny documentaries about human stories, different places and institutions. Our latest documentary series was Brain Doctors for BBC2, a three part series on the neurology department at the John Radcliffe Hospital.

In the new year we are due to start making a film about cats for the BBC. We would like to look at the UK's opinion on cats. We would like to make a balanced documentary and I wanted to involve bird watchers and lovers to get their opinions. Many people are having problems with the increasing number of feral cats in the UK, cats pooing on their gardens and killing birds in the area. The issue with cats killing birds has been raised by various scientific journals recently. I wanted to speak to anyone who is having a problem with cats in their garden or perhaps runs a business that is being affected.

Would anybody willing to have a chat with me about their cat problem?

Kind Regards,
Jessica Howe
Researcher
Landmark Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScullster View Post
Hi all

I know this is a recurring theme on this group - methods for repelling our
feline "friends".
Was wondering whether repeated chase-outs actually result in the offending
creature learning that a garden is a no-go-zone.
If so, what level of deterrent is necessary?
Simple chasing out at high speed whenever they are sighted
Chasing and soft missiles - e.g. wet mud
Catapult with hard missiles
Well directed water (I'm considering one of those high powered kids water
gun things ATM)

From what I've read in this group, the retail concoctions and electronic
gizmos aren't worth bothering with.
Hence the list of measures above.
Not interested in replies from cat lovers unless they solve the problem of
cats cr@pping in my veg patch.

TIA

Phil
Old 17-12-2013, 09:05 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaH View Post

We would like to make a balanced documentary ....

Would anybody willing to have a chat with me about their cat problem?
Will you also be talking to people who don't have a problem with cats?

Get rid of cats! Charles Lawns 20 08-09-2005 08:26 PM
plz send message again 12/21 Wynand Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
[IBC] Test Message Chriss Flagg Bonsai 0 19-04-2003 01:32 AM
Message To all Indians who are active in agriculture in any way. Avishai H. Kolatkar sci.agriculture 0 05-04-2003 12:32 PM
Test Message Tom Gardening 0 09-03-2003 08:32 PM