Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Gardeners' World

On 4 Apr, 22:43, sam wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:
Two things came up on tonight's GW programme which have been discussed
here recently.
One was how to plant begonia tubers;
*The other was Joe's digging hoe.

I had one for years until the haft went.
I knew it as an adze.
Sam

An Adze is a wood working tool (see
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-O...Adze-22115.htm
) and has a narrow blade.
David Hill
Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 00:36:33 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 22:54:48 +0100, "Ophelia" wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:29:48 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Two things came up on tonight's GW programme which have been
discussed here recently.
One was how to plant begonia tubers; they said leave top uncovered
but cover later when stems have formed to encourage each to root.
The other was Joe's digging hoe. Is that what someone here
recommended? I don't think it would be easy to plant with it, which
was one use they mentioned.

It's called a mattock. It's a digging implement as well as a hoe.

They must have done an awful lot of cultivation and soil improvement
in Feb. First it was a muddy quagmire, and the next we saw they were
planting things like trees and bulbs with no sign of mud, just nice
friable soil. I'd love to know how they did it!

They tell porkies.

lol

Did you notice the thickness of the wooden walls of the shed?
Film set thickness. The sort that somebody in a bar brawl is thrown through.
I also liked the way the recycled windows from the well known scrap yard near
Stoke on Trent stayed in the holes that had been cut for them without any

And how much did they pay!!!

further support. Slam the door hard and the whole lot would come tumbling down
in real life.
and lets buy all our plants in a garden centre to save the cost of a propagator,
and the boring bit of watching plants grow from seed.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk