Old 29-04-2009, 07:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Just popping to say hello

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these words:

So I'm hoping that I should manage to get *something* to the point of
harvest.. but then again, Mother Nature may just bite me on the bum...

Fingers crossed...

Some light ground frosts are forecast for the rest of the week, but
no-one's said where...

I'm trying to remember to pop over to

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Put in the post code, click a button and hey presto, up comes a very
detailed weather forecast that I've found to be remarkably accurate most of
the time. Much better than the TV weather forecasts.. I have coverings for
the plants at the ready.

Old 29-04-2009, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"AriesVal" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:41:43 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Put in the post code, click a button and hey presto, up comes a very
detailed weather forecast that I've found to be remarkably accurate most
of
the time. Much better than the TV weather forecasts.. I have coverings
for
the plants at the ready.

Wow, thanks for the link Helen - very useful

You're most welcome. It's the cycling... knowing the weather forecast is
very useful!

Old 29-04-2009, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-04-28 21:21:31 +0100, Judith in France
said:

--
Rusty

Jeez!!! Not here, please, I have planted a load of pots todayy, round
the pool, fingers crossed!?????????

Judith

V. mild frost here this morning. No damage but just a bit of a warning
not to be complacent.
--

We've had a few snow flurries today but they've had over 75cm just south of
here with more expected!

Oh terrific! Thank you for your excellent memory! ;-)
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 29-04-2009, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-04-29 09:09:05 +0100, "wafflycat"
said:

"AriesVal" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:41:43 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Put in the post code, click a button and hey presto, up comes a very
detailed weather forecast that I've found to be remarkably accurate most of
the time. Much better than the TV weather forecasts.. I have coverings for
the plants at the ready.

Wow, thanks for the link Helen - very useful

You're most welcome. It's the cycling... knowing the weather forecast
is very useful!

Pretty handy for gardening and nurserymen, too. Thanks for that one.
I've looked at it and bookmarked it, too.

Old 29-04-2009, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , wafflycat
writes

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
.uk...
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these words:

So I'm hoping that I should manage to get *something* to the point of
harvest.. but then again, Mother Nature may just bite me on the bum...

Fingers crossed...

Some light ground frosts are forecast for the rest of the week, but
no-one's said where...

I'm trying to remember to pop over to

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Hmm, I've never been that impressed with the Metcheck forecasts,
compared to the Beeb website ones
--
Chris French

Old 29-04-2009, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, chris French wrote
In message , wafflycat
writes

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
o.uk...
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these words:

So I'm hoping that I should manage to get *something* to the point of
harvest.. but then again, Mother Nature may just bite me on the bum...

Fingers crossed...

Some light ground frosts are forecast for the rest of the week, but
no-one's said where...

I'm trying to remember to pop over to

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Hmm, I've never been that impressed with the Metcheck forecasts,
compared to the Beeb website ones

Another very useful and often more accurate site, though slightly more
difficult to manipulate, is:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

You just need to identify your nearest aerodrome!

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Old 29-04-2009, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , wafflycat
writes

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
o.uk...
The message
from "wafflycat" contains these words:

So I'm hoping that I should manage to get *something* to the point of
harvest.. but then again, Mother Nature may just bite me on the bum...

Fingers crossed...

Some light ground frosts are forecast for the rest of the week, but
no-one's said where...

I'm trying to remember to pop over to

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

Hmm, I've never been that impressed with the Metcheck forecasts, compared
to the Beeb website ones
--
Chris French

They work fine for me. I also like the xcweather site Kate has posted. The
Beeb forecasts are out too often for my liking.

Just Say Hello Emily Drappi Gardening 5 30-08-2012 01:04 PM
just wanting to say hello ecohobby United Kingdom 17 13-05-2010 04:50 PM
would like to say Hello Jennifer United Kingdom 0 04-03-2007 10:59 AM
Re(2): growing popping corn Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 2 25-08-2003 02:12 PM
bamboo popping sounds due to humidity changes? Dan Jacobson Plant Science 4 26-04-2003 01:25 PM