Old 13-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered User

Default Unsure How Much Rubber Mulch I Need?

Hi all

Noob here so hope this is going in the right place, if not apologies, heres my dilema

Im wanting to cover the bottom half of my back garden with rubber mulch, now ive used some of these mulch calculators on various sites and these tell me ill need 20x10kg bags (200kg), so off i go to ebay where i find a auction for 500kg, but in the auction listing the guy claims that 500kg will only cover around 37 square metres, so now im confused, ive never used this stuff before so i have no idea what i need, but 500kg does sound a hell of a lot

The ground that i am going to cover is around 42 square metres, and id like it to be a covering of around 2 inches

Could anyone clear this up for me, i dont want to order way to much

Really appreciate some help on this

Thanks in advance
Old 14-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered User

Thanks for the reply mate

Looking around and its starting to get exspensive now, dont suppose theres a cheaper alternative? problem is for a couple of months of the year theres going to be a 15ft paddling pool on top, so if i was to get woodchip it would get ruined pretty quick

Thanks again

Unsure about shade! mmmkay777 United Kingdom 4 06-04-2015 01:44 PM
Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 7 06-08-2007 09:14 PM
New Gardener COMPLETELY unsure! Help Needed please AngeTheUnsure United Kingdom 12 26-07-2007 02:09 PM
Rubber Mulch!! Vox Humana Gardening 31 31-12-2004 01:10 PM
Rubber mulch (example: Rubberific) Ed Greenwood Gardening 0 24-03-2003 06:32 PM