Old 21-05-2009, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lidl tub of wildflower seeds

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.
Old 21-05-2009, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 1:34*pm, aquachimp
wrote:
I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Mine just said "Beware, may contain Triffids!"
Old 21-05-2009, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 3:04*pm, moghouse wrote:
On May 21, 1:34*pm, aquachimp
wrote:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Mine just said "Beware, may contain Triffids!"

Ah, That can't have been the lidl tub of wildflowers seeds then,
because it give quite a list
Old 21-05-2009, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp
said:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Have you asked Lidl? Their head office might still have it on a stock
list somewhere.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 21-05-2009, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp
said:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Have you asked Lidl? *Their head office might still have it on a stock
list somewhere.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

I've tried their website; No use.

Old 21-05-2009, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-21 15:28:17 +0100, aquachimp

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp
said:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Have you asked Lidl? *Their head office might still have it on a stock
list somewhere.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

I've tried their website; No use.

So did I out of curiosity. It's not a very helpful one in the garden
sense. I think you'll have to email 'someone'.

Old 21-05-2009, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 10:26*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:19:36 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 21, 7:30*pm, aquachimp
wrote:

On 2009-05-21 15:28:17 +0100, aquachimp

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp
said:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);
Thanks.

Have you asked Lidl? *Their head office might still have it on a stock
list somewhere.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

I've tried their website; No use.

So did I out of curiosity. *It's not a very helpful one in the garden
sense. *I think you'll have to email 'someone'.
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

A curiosity qs fqr as sites go. Not really at all helpful when wanting
to check on a product that is not featured on promotion; No search
facility. Sucks in fact.
And, but for the products of the dqy and language, the flemish one is
just as useless.
But I did find this elsewhere;http://www.americanmeadows.com/Quick...WildflowerHowT...
Maybe if I find that list someday (:

I'm going into Issoire at the weekend I will call into Lidl to see if
they have any

Jx on sale.

With a P mute?
--

Martin

Eh? Martin I can't keep up with you when I am ready to go to bed,
shattered, this dog and I are fit! night.

Judith
Old 21-05-2009, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 10:25*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 05:34:47 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp

wrote:
I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);

The birds have scattered their bird seed producing amongst other plants a
courgette plant.
--

Martin

Now just you make sure you cherish that, I love courgette, sliced
thinly and fried in olive oil, yum.

Judith
Old 21-05-2009, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);

The birds have scattered their bird seed producing amongst other plants a
courgette plant.

Known as Onan, I assume?

Old 21-05-2009, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 8:46*pm, aquachimp
wrote:
On May 21, 9:19*pm, Judith in France
wrote:

On May 21, 7:30*pm, aquachimp
wrote:

On 2009-05-21 15:28:17 +0100, aquachimp

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp

But I did find this elsewhere;http://www.americanmeadows.com/Q aftuickGuideToWildflowers/WildflowerHowT...
Maybe if I find that list someday (:

I'm going into Issoire at the weekend I will call into Lidl to see if
they have any on sale.

Judith- Hide quoted text -

Very sweet of you, though I expect they should be all sown by now.
But just in case, I it's a tubular shaped carton. Sort of like a very
wide loo-roll tube and aro lund the same height;

I'll check in when I have been there. I usually visit on a Thursday,
thanks to Martin who introduced me to Lidl. I buy all my flour,
sugar, olive oil and leg of lamb there. They only have a few as loss
leaders, so I visit early on a Thursday and if I am having a big BBQ
for friends and villagers I buy 3 out of their usual delivery of 5. I
bought a tapis of fleurs, a carpet or mat in France, last year, all
pink and white, so beautiful. This year I have bought a tapis of
flowers for eating, they are looking strong and I can identify a
couple of flowers, it will be interesting to see what actually grows,
for culinary purposes. Today, I was unable to go as I had to finish
painting a Lloyd Loom chair, framing a lovely watercolour that my
friend gave me for my birthday and producing a meal from bits and
pieces. Tomorrow; it's always tomorrow these days.

Judith

Old 21-05-2009, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jbm jbm is offline

| On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
| wrote:
|
| Now just you make sure you cherish that, I love courgette, sliced
| thinly and fried in olive oil, yum.
|
| with freshly caught stuffed pigeon breasts?
| --

Am I imagining it, or are an increased number of threads in this group
gravitating towards the culinary?

Time to get a cheese sandwich I think.

jim, Northampton

Old 21-05-2009, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 21 May 2009 23:25:03 +0200, Martin wrote:

The birds have scattered their bird seed producing amongst other plants
a courgette plant.

Funny I thought they treated "bird seed" these days to stop it
germinating. Budgie seed used to have hemp in it and was a good source of
seed for growers and an embarrassment to councils when they had the stuff
growing on their dumps...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 22-05-2009, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 10:48*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:34:54 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 21, 10:26*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 12:19:36 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 21, 7:30*pm, aquachimp
wrote:

On 2009-05-21 15:28:17 +0100, aquachimp

On 2009-05-21 13:34:47 +0100, aquachimp
said:

[...]

'Issoire P mute. There is no P in Issoire a bit like F in cod.
--

Martin

LOL your wit escapes me at times.

Judith
Old 22-05-2009, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
I scattered the contents of one of these in a couple of small areas
and find there's now an interesting range of plants , but I have lost
the tub. So, if anyone has a lidl tub of wildflowers, could you please
post the list of it's contents (other than: seeds, 100%);

The birds have scattered their bird seed producing amongst other plants a
courgette plant.
--

Martin

Now just you make sure you cherish that, I love courgette, sliced
thinly and fried in olive oil, yum.

with freshly caught stuffed pigeon breasts?
--

Martin

ugh no, but Edward would.

Judith
Old 22-05-2009, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 11:13*pm, "jbm" wrote:
| On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France| wrote:

| Now just you make sure you cherish that, I love courgette, sliced
| thinly and fried in olive oil, yum.
|
| with freshly caught stuffed pigeon breasts?
| --

Am I imagining it, or are an increased number of threads in this group
gravitating towards the culinary?

Time to get a cheese sandwich I think.

jim, Northampton

We eat what we grow, what better place to discuss the fruit or veg of
our labours :-)

Judith

Lidl seeds in tray Timothy Murphy United Kingdom 2 27-02-2015 10:40 AM
Packaging Stupidity. Was: Lidl's seeds Amos E Wolfe United Kingdom 25 25-02-2004 05:38 PM
Packaging Stupidity. Was: Lidl's seeds Amos E Wolfe United Kingdom 0 18-02-2004 05:02 AM
Lidl's seeds David Hill United Kingdom 9 15-02-2004 09:29 PM
Cheap and interesting seeds in Lidl Steve Harris United Kingdom 3 09-02-2004 03:37 PM