Old 31-05-2009, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default web page

Could we have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that we
have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

Kate,

Old 31-05-2009, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 31, 2:08*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that we
have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

*Kate,

What a good idea, shall be shout for Martin?

Judith
Old 31-05-2009, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 31 May 2009 Kate Morgan wrote:

Could we have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

There is www.u-r-g.co.uk. That can (and does) host some photos.

There is also the urg web ring but we haven't got that working yet.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 31-05-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 31, 5:36*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:26:04 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 31, 2:08*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that we
have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

*Kate,

What a good idea, shall be shout for Martin?

Better ask Edward?
--

Martin

Nope; he tells me he is too busy!!!!!

Judith
Old 31-05-2009, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 31, 8:31*pm, David Rance
wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 *Kate Morgan wrote:

Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

There iswww.u-r-g.co.uk. That can (and does) host some photos.

There is also the urg web ring but we haven't got that working yet.

David

--
David Rance * * * *writing from Caversham, Reading, UKhttp://rance.org.uk

It worked fine some years ago but our beloved Cormaic moved onto other
stuff, how I miss him.

Judith

Old 31-05-2009, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 31 May 2009 Judith in France wrote:

Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

There iswww.u-r-g.co.uk. That can (and does) host some photos.

There is also the urg web ring but we haven't got that working yet.

It worked fine some years ago but our beloved Cormaic moved onto other
stuff, how I miss him.

I think you may have missed some exchanges a week or two ago which said
that we now have maintenance access to the urg web-site hosted by
Cormaic.

The first job was to recover all the FAQ pages. We now have to move on
to some of the other things.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 01-06-2009, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-31 14:08:02 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

Could we have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

Kate,

I think that the work David Rance is doing on the urg web ring will
probably sort that out for us, Kate. Poor man has been a bit lumbered,
I think! ;-))
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-31 21:58:32 +0100, David Rance
said:

On Sun, 31 May 2009 Judith in France wrote:

Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

There iswww.u-r-g.co.uk. That can (and does) host some photos.

There is also the urg web ring but we haven't got that working yet.

It worked fine some years ago but our beloved Cormaic moved onto other
stuff, how I miss him.

I think you may have missed some exchanges a week or two ago which said
that we now have maintenance access to the urg web-site hosted by
Cormaic.

The first job was to recover all the FAQ pages. We now have to move on
to some of the other things.

David

Fantastic, David - it will be lovely to have it working again and up to date.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Could we have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that we
have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

Kate,

I think that the work David Rance is doing on the urg web ring will
probably sort that out for us, Kate. Poor man has been a bit lumbered, I
think! ;-))
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

That would be good Sacha, I think/hope that we all will enjoy, I would
willingly do some work but do not have the knowledge, maybe learning more
could be a winter project :-)
Thank you David if you are reading this :-)

kate

Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 31, 9:58*pm, David Rance
wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 *Judith in France wrote:

Could we *have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

There iswww.u-r-g.co.uk. That can (and does) host some photos.

There is also the urg web ring but we haven't got that working yet.

It worked fine some years ago but our beloved Cormaic moved onto other
stuff, how I miss him.

I think you may have missed some exchanges a week or two ago which said
that we now have maintenance access to the urg web-site hosted by
Cormaic.

The first job was to recover all the FAQ pages. We now have to move on
to some of the other things.

David

--
David Rance * * * *writing from Caversham, Reading, UKhttp://rance.org.uk

Brilliant; I am so looking forward to it, we all enjoyed the urg ring
very much, now we need Jane to come back and do new badges. Kay is
Jane still fully employed in other things still?

Judith

Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

Could we have our own web page to display photographs, I am sure that
we have enough techy peeps on the newsgroup to organise it ?

Kate,

I did set up a URG album on my Ovi site some while back. It didn't get used
much but is still there. Just attach any pictures to an email and send to

The email subject line will appear as a description of the picture. I have
just tested it and its still working. If someone would care to send
something let me know and I will double check it works for none Ovi members.

Mike
(the muddy one)

Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Judith in France writes

Kay is
Jane still fully employed in other things still?

Yes, very busy, both with the rest of her life and with garden projects.
--
Kay
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 1, 8:43*pm, K wrote:
Judith in France writes

*Kay is
Jane still fully employed in other things still?

Yes, very busy, both with the rest of her life and with garden projects.
--
Kay

Will you give her my best wishes Kay; she and Graham are lovely
people.

Judith