Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 2stroke strimmer

On 8 jun, 00:03, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 07:52:19 -0400, Gary Woods wrote:
Ryobi are American,

They're actually Japanese, I think. *

You've made me dig. Fromhttp://www.ryobitools.com/community/about_us:

"TTI's powerful brand portfolio includes Milwaukee®, AEG® and Ryobi® power
tools and accessories, Ryobi® and Homelite® outdoor products, and Hoover®,
Dirt Devil® and Vax® floor care appliances. Our products are distributed
through major home centers and retailers, full-line tool distributors and
other channels worldwide."

The parent is Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd. listed on the Hong Kong stock
exchange and a bit more digging onhttp://www.ttigroup.com, strongly
indicates that the head office is in Hong Kong. The AGM and the following
EGM to approve the issuance of about US$50 million in unlisted and
unsecured convertable bonds in two phases was held in Hong Kong.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I fear this answer might get lost "among the trees" but here goes.
Here in Belgium I buy Aspen fuel for 2-stroke engines. It is alkalyte
petrol - whatever that means - and claims to be eco- and health-
friendly.
It also has the following advantages: it burns very clean with safe,
almost odourless exhaust,
it does not "decay" when left in the fuel tank or its own plastic
container and, above all,
even the most mis-used engines start when fueled with Aspen, spark
plug and air filter are OK.
The down-side is that it is rather expensive . . .
Here's a UK link
www.aaoil.co.uk
PS I have no commercial axe to grind.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ted wrote:
The instructions with my new Ryobi strimmer tell me not to mix more
petrol/oil that I can use within 30 days...Anyone tell my why this is
and if it really matters to a couple of months..
It came with a half litre can but that should last months for what I
need to do...

Thanks to all who replied both on and off list..

Strimmer is working really well and am thinking of getting the
cultivator attachment..Anyone tried these and have any comments ??

--
Regards
Ted Wager

Strimmer ? Ted[_4_] United Kingdom 1 17-04-2009 06:03 PM
Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?) Adam Lipscombe United Kingdom 2 22-05-2008 02:22 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 8 08-06-2003 04:32 PM
Where to buy a petrol strimmer? Mike United Kingdom 6 05-06-2003 08:44 AM
electric shock from my strimmer Charlieb United Kingdom 6 17-10-2002 01:31 PM