Old 18-06-2009, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bucket of salty slugs and snails

'Mike' ] said:

As I have already explained I have a few beds and lots of pots. I do not
have hedges and I do not have much in the way of shrubs (yet!) as my
garden is very much a work in progress.

And as for frogs and thrushes - yeh, right. I haven't seen a thrush for
20 years. Don't imagine I have any frogs either as I think I would have
seen one by now if I did. Did have a solitary slow worm in the front
garden but that was back in the spring of last year. And I did have a
hedgehog at one time, but I have not seen that for a couple of years
now.

I do get a single pair of blackbirds but only in the winter when they
come to my bird table for food, otherwise it is just the pigeons.

So, thanks for the suggestion, and I did at least try it, but I am *not*
going to be using it as an on-going strategy as it doesn't really suit
my set up but if it works for you that's cool. :-)
Old 19-06-2009, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Nor did I. And I did nothing of the sort myself, either! Birds won't
take them because of the salt and if thet do, it may well harm them, so
street drain or loo? Hmmmmm......! ;-)

What's wrong with green bin or compost heap?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-06-2009, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-06-19 12:44:38 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Nor did I. And I did nothing of the sort myself, either! Birds won't
take them because of the salt and if thet do, it may well harm them, so
street drain or loo? Hmmmmm......! ;-)

What's wrong with green bin or compost heap?

The OP has neither and no room for them, apparently.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Old 19-06-2009, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 12:44:38 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Nor did I. And I did nothing of the sort myself, either! Birds
won't take them because of the salt and if thet do, it may well harm
them, so street drain or loo? Hmmmmm......! ;-)

What's wrong with green bin or compost heap?

The OP has neither and no room for them, apparently.

Well the dustbin then?

Old 19-06-2009, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
On 2009-06-19 12:44:38 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Nor did I. And I did nothing of the sort myself, either! Birds won't
take them because of the salt and if thet do, it may well harm them, so
street drain or loo? Hmmmmm......! ;-)
What's wrong with green bin or compost heap?

The OP has neither and no room for them, apparently.

Well the dustbin then?

If drained and bagged twice so they don't leak, suppurate, decompose,
or whatever may happen, why not?

Salty flower. Sack Of Gold Gardening 1 29-04-2010 12:34 AM
elderberry in salty soil? [email protected] Gardening 3 26-04-2006 05:46 AM
have a day or two, to think about it "Salty" .. not happy Gardening 2 21-05-2004 10:02 AM
A question for "Salty Thumb". not happy Gardening 6 21-05-2004 02:02 AM
Snails and slugs George D Permaculture 0 29-10-2002 03:27 AM