Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered User

Hi,

I am just back from holiday and what an interesting lines to read :-) Have been for legal advice on Friday and will be taking Wessex Teak to court. Once my case is all over I will let people know all about the proces.

To JL270:
Sorry to hear you have trouble with them. There is no customer service and very rude people on the other side of the phone.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati916 View Post
My first post here folks I have been reading this thread and others with interest. I can not at this stage post the full details as I am still trying to get either my table and chairs delivered or my money back and wouldnt want to prejudice that in any way. However I will post the full and complete saga when this is resolved to my satisfaction or other wise. Needless to say I have been waiting for more than three months and still no table and chairs despite endless telephone calls and emails and I now have a fifth delivery date in August ! I am not holding my breath.
Well a small update to the saga the 5th delivery date was yesterday and yes you guessed it it didnt arrive. I have spoken to the owner and he tells me they are stopping using their own vans for long journeys and are now to use a delivery service. I now have a new delivery date of next week I wait with interest its now taken them 4 and a half months.
Old 15-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati916 View Post
Well a small update to the saga the 5th delivery date was yesterday and yes you guessed it it didnt arrive. I have spoken to the owner and he tells me they are stopping using their own vans for long journeys and are now to use a delivery service. I now have a new delivery date of next week I wait with interest its now taken them 4 and a half months.
Well It didn't arrive that's the 6th delivery date and now its supposed to be an external delivery service and not their own vans !
Old 20-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_2_] View Post
On 19 June, 11:23, ship wrote:
Hi

I am thinking of buying some teak furniture from Wessex Teak.

They clearly have a terrible reputation for taking your money and
delivering very late (etc).

HOWEVER, *what is the quality of their stuff like?
I you turn up with cash *and pick up the stuff yourself is there any
problem?

I am thinking about buying a large teak extendible garden table from
them (2.0m - 3.0m x 1.2m wide)(probably plus a few chairs)...

The thing is that they are SO much cheaper than anyone else. (About
half price or less)
And if their product is of reasonable quality itself... what can go
wrong?

Am I mad?

Ship
Shiperton Henethe

I guess you've seen these links
Wessex Teak - Merged threads - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
eBay.co.uk Guides - Wessex Teak Customers Beware

I wouldn't go near them, but if you do, pay by credit card - it will
be much easier to get your money back from the credit card provider
than it will from Wessex teak.

I have found these guys to be the most obnoxious salespeople it has been my unhappy pleasuer to deal with.

They are only interested in taking the money, but service is deplorable, no call backs, no friendliness, in all a disaster to deal with.

David Greaves
Old 25-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithagarden View Post
Yes, the original guy would be completely insane to buy from Wessex Teak. Anyone would . They are rude, dishonest and it's taken nearly 9 months to get my money back - through the courts in the end. They shouted and swore down the phone, delivered faulty products (and replaced them with faulty products) and made more delivery dates than I can remember. They move premises, presumably to avoid the bailiffs and just aren't worth even considering. DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY.
Why not have a look at the Hardwood Garden Furniture, Hand Crafted Memorial and Garden Benches at woodcraftuk.co.uk the hardwood garden products there are solid, long lasting and service is top notch. No cheap imports from Asia, everything is built on the premises in East Yorkshire.

Old 29-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered User

These guys have been upsetting people for years some one burned all there vans out i worked for these guys when they changed from ptc imports to wessex teak and there stuff was all crap we was told to carry sand paper to hide the damage from transit and from the container the guys paul mark and peter treat every one like shit they used to slag ray off all the time which i think is funny considering hes argueing there case the only thing i would use there teak for is on the log burner theyve moved premisis now
wessex teak office
Hall Farm Maldon Road,
MALDON,
CM9 6SN

paul allens home phone number and adress (01621) 874604
4 Greenways, Maldon, CM9 6ER
cant find an adress for peter and mark must be x directory

Old 03-03-2011, 12:07 PM
ASA ASA is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80 View Post
These guys have been upsetting people for years some one burned all there vans out i worked for these guys when they changed from ptc imports to wessex teak and there stuff was all crap we was told to carry sand paper to hide the damage from transit and from the container the guys paul mark and peter treat every one like shit they used to slag ray off all the time which i think is funny considering hes argueing there case the only thing i would use there teak for is on the log burner theyve moved premisis now
wessex teak office
Hall Farm Maldon Road,
MALDON,
CM9 6SN

paul allens home phone number and adress (01621) 874604
4 Greenways, Maldon, CM9 6ER
cant find an adress for peter and mark must be x directory

Scum absolute Scum how trading standards allow these thieves to continue trading is beyond me. I have submitted a complaint against them and still have not received a delivery let alone my money back.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA View Post
Scum absolute Scum how trading standards allow these thieves to continue trading is beyond me. I have submitted a complaint against them and still have not received a delivery let alone my money back.
Any more on Wessex Teak ? I was just about to order also !! Ray must be an interested party, one of the owners or something ! I just cant believe that a driver would be responding the way he does !!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA View Post
Scum absolute Scum how trading standards allow these thieves to continue trading is beyond me. I have submitted a complaint against them and still have not received a delivery let alone my money back.
Well, you've got what you wanted Wessexteak is defunct, it is no more, it is an ex teak company...

Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikereynolds View Post
Any more on Wessex Teak ? I was just about to order also !! Ray must be an interested party, one of the owners or something ! I just cant believe that a driver would be responding the way he does !!
I have not worked for wessexteak since last september. I am not one of the owners, never have been, never will be. Wessexteak is now defunct.

As a sidenote, in my garden I have a 1.5 java bench, a 90/170 extending table, a set of stacking chairs and a Timika 1.0 barbeque table...All supplied by wessexteak, treated by myself.

I haven't had a single problem with any of it. If you know what you are doing with teak grades a, b, or even c, you don't get problems.

I delivered garden furniture for PTC imports/wessexteak from 2004 thru 2010 and that is all I did.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered User

wessex teak still do teak sales at danbury village hall ive seen there adverts there still trading in one form or another