Old 13-07-2009, 04:22 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha's tearoom

"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

I quite agree. I'd rather bludgeon your children to death with a hammer than
eat there.

R.

Old 13-07-2009, 04:37 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 15:47:17 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:09 pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

When SWMBO and I went there, the tearoom was closed, but we had a cup of

tea
with Sacha, and greatly enjoyed the cup of tea and the meeting. Would
you
like to borrow a hammer?

Steve

I have friends here in France who used to live near Sacha, tell me
they drool for her choc cake and that their garden was stocked with
healthy, very fair priced plants, I think Sacha will be able to ignore
bitchy comments coming from where they do.

Judith

It's very funny, especially considering how many urglers have been here!
Two called the other day and gave us some Asparagus lettuce seeds which is
a new one to both of us. We're looking forward to trying that.

Indeed the OP was so obviously a troll, all it has succeeded in doing, apart
from being kill-filed, is ensuring that should I ever be travelling down
Devon way, I shall be going out of my way to visit Sacha's emporium.

Old 13-07-2009, 04:42 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Indeed the OP was so obviously a troll, all it has succeeded in doing,
apart from being kill-filed, is ensuring that should I ever be travelling
down Devon way, I shall be going out of my way to visit Sacha's emporium.

Like they say, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" Unless your name is
Ratner ;-) Anyone remember him????????

Having been in publicity, and still am to a certain extent, I know very well
that a bad comment, such as the OP is using, can be turned round to be a
selling point. "The Five Great Rules of Selling" Percy Whiting refers :-))

Kindest possible regards

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 13-07-2009, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote:

Indeed the OP was so obviously a troll

My reaction exactly... much on the line of the people who posted in a
Grateful Dead group "I'm glad Jerry Garcia's dead, etc..." a while back.
It's gotten some attention, which it desperately needed.
Oh well.
Here in (New) York, it's sunny but chilly. If my tomato plants could
talk,* I'd need my old Navy vocabulary to understand their comments.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

*I'm sure they are; but I only speak broken tomato and a bit of pidgin
bean.

Old 13-07-2009, 05:27 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

When SWMBO and I went there, the tearoom was closed, but we had a cup of
tea with Sacha, and greatly enjoyed the cup of tea and the meeting. Would
you like to borrow a hammer?

Steve

Does this constitute incitement?

There must be at least a smattering of the PC brigade on here to discuss
this one unto death.

Old 13-07-2009, 05:47 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-13 15:45:04 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:37*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?
It is almost certainly the same person with a grudge. *Sacha is
honest

and
truthful which leaves it impotent. *It tries very hard to discredit her

in
anyway it can. Unfortunately, the gross stupidity it displays makes no
impact at all.

I am in total agreement with you; Sacha has never hurt anyone in her
life on or off usenet. He/she? discredits her/himself by posting
this; fortunately Sacha is more than able to dismiss such rot.
Judith

One of the less popular members of urg has tried this on, got no
response and has now come back in another guise. Pitiful.

I killed off this thread as soon as it appeared as it is the sad troll
doing its best to down people but have just noticed there are now 19
posts in it, which is a pity. Don't worry, Sacha, we all know it is the
troll and not a genuine poster. IIRC the IP is alt.net. If you view all
the headers of the post, it is surprising what you can find out, as
follows:

From: "Mark" marky@mark
Newsgroups: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Sacha's tearoom
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:09:15 +0000 (UTC)

--
June Hughes
Old 13-07-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 16:37:22 +0100, "wafflycat"

On 2009-07-13 15:47:17 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:09 pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in ...

[...]

You'll be very welcome. Pauline has today made basil and tomato scones
for the first time - they are *fabulous*! Home made soup and scone,
anyone? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-07-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Ragnar wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...
I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

I quite agree. I'd rather bludgeon your children to death with a hammer than
eat there.

R.

I think that this idea of bludgeoning their children to death is a good
idea, it will stop further pollution of the gene pool.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Old 13-07-2009, 06:02 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 17:47:22 +0100, June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes

From: "Mark" marky@mark
Newsgroups: uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:09:15 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks, June. Unfortunately for the idiot, all he's done is make a lot
of people laugh at but not with him! And of course now everyone knows
nice things about our tea room. I think I heard the distant sound of a
backfire.....

Old 13-07-2009, 06:06 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

Thanks, June. Unfortunately for the idiot, all he's done is make a lot of
people laugh at but not with him! And of course now everyone knows nice
things about our tea room. I think I heard the distant sound of a
backfire.....
--
Sacha

Like I said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" (Unless your name is
Ratner)

Kindest possible regards

Old 13-07-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 16:37:22 +0100, "wafflycat"

On 2009-07-13 15:47:17 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:09 pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in

[...]

We are on our way........................

Old 13-07-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote ...
Ragnar wrote:
"Mark" wrote
I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

I quite agree. I'd rather bludgeon your children to death with a hammer
than eat there.

I think that this idea of bludgeoning their children to death is a good
idea, it will stop further pollution of the gene pool.

I was just going to post the same, but probably not actually his kids
anyway.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-07-2009, 06:19 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Mark wrote something pathetic.

I have it on very good authority (from someone who has visited it) that
Sacha's tearoom is very good indeed.

--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Old 13-07-2009, 06:22 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 16:37:22 +0100, "wafflycat"
Indeed the OP was so obviously a troll, all it has succeeded in
doing, apart from being kill-filed, is ensuring that should I ever be
travelling down Devon way, I shall be going out of my way to visit
Sacha's emporium.

You'll be very welcome. Pauline has today made basil and tomato
scones for the first time - they are *fabulous*! Home made soup and
scone, anyone? ;-)

Manuel

You put Basil in the *scones* ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

/Manuel

Old 13-07-2009, 06:42 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 18:19:57 +0100, "Enzo Matrix" said:

Mark wrote something pathetic.

I have it on very good authority (from someone who has visited it) that
Sacha's tearoom is very good indeed.

I'm very flattered and thank you. But this "Sacha's tearoom" is a bit
misleading. Ray and I own it but Pauline is the cook who does the
creating and she has to get credit for it! Her current creative
passion is cupcakes and we've been road-testing them today. It's a
tough life but someone has to do it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Sacha's Tearoom Mark[_11_] United Kingdom 6 18-08-2009 09:35 PM
Sacha's Seeds Part 3 Mike United Kingdom 0 30-07-2003 10:12 PM
Sacha's Seeds Mike United Kingdom 1 10-07-2003 09:21 AM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM
Sacha re Monks Hood Annabel United Kingdom 9 15-03-2003 03:32 AM