Old 13-07-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha's tearoom

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

Old 13-07-2009, 02:03 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:09:15 +0000, Mark wrote:

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

Did you ever consider getting a job as a physics teacher?
Old 13-07-2009, 02:05 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

Why?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-07-2009, 02:09 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

When SWMBO and I went there, the tearoom was closed, but we had a cup of tea
with Sacha, and greatly enjoyed the cup of tea and the meeting. Would you
like to borrow a hammer?

Steve

Old 13-07-2009, 02:22 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:09:15 +0000, Mark wrote:

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than
eat there!

Did you ever consider getting a job as a physics teacher?

I don't wish to encourage this thread but that is a brilliant
response. I nearly spat my tea over the keyboard when I read it.

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?

Mike
(still with tea in his nose!!!)

Old 13-07-2009, 02:37 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?

It is almost certainly the same person with a grudge. Sacha is honest and
truthful which leaves it impotent. It tries very hard to discredit her in
anyway it can. Unfortunately, the gross stupidity it displays makes no
impact at all.

Old 13-07-2009, 02:47 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

Well, that would save them the misery of having to put up with you. Your
remark would be a little less ignoble if you bothered to justify it.
However, I suspect you cannot.

I have had the pleasure of Sacha's considerable hospitality in her very
pleasant and comfortable tearoom. Unlike many gc tearooms I've visited, it
is clean and bright, and the refreshments we took there were most
enjoyable - indeed, we mean to repeat the visit when we can. For anyone
planning a visit, please feel free to treat this as a recommendation.

Spider

Old 13-07-2009, 02:48 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?

It is almost certainly the same person with a grudge. Sacha is
honest and truthful which leaves it impotent. It tries very
hard to discredit her in anyway it can. Unfortunately, the
gross stupidity it displays makes no impact at all.

I guessed as much from past posts and didn't consider the
original post in this thread worth commenting on, it was the
teacher beating a pupil I considered a sad affair.

Mike

Old 13-07-2009, 03:39 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 14:47:48 +0100, "Spider" said:

"Mark" marky@mark wrote in message ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

Well, that would save them the misery of having to put up with you. Your
remark would be a little less ignoble if you bothered to justify it.
However, I suspect you cannot.

I have had the pleasure of Sacha's considerable hospitality in her very
pleasant and comfortable tearoom. Unlike many gc tearooms I've visited, it
is clean and bright, and the refreshments we took there were most
enjoyable - indeed, we mean to repeat the visit when we can. For anyone
planning a visit, please feel free to treat this as a recommendation.

Spider

Thanks everyone. The cheques are in the post. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-07-2009, 03:45 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 13, 2:37*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote in message

om...

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?

It is almost certainly the same person with a grudge. *Sacha is honest and
truthful which leaves it impotent. *It tries very hard to discredit her in
anyway it can. Unfortunately, the gross stupidity it displays makes no
impact at all.

I am in total agreement with you; Sacha has never hurt anyone in her
life on or off usenet. He/she? discredits her/himself by posting
this; fortunately Sacha is more than able to dismiss such rot.

Judith

Old 13-07-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 13, 2:09*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

When SWMBO and I went there, the tearoom was closed, but we had a cup of tea
with Sacha, and greatly enjoyed the cup of tea and the meeting. Would you
like to borrow a hammer?

Steve

I have friends here in France who used to live near Sacha, tell me
they drool for her choc cake and that their garden was stocked with
healthy, very fair priced plants, I think Sacha will be able to ignore
bitchy comments coming from where they do.

Judith
Old 13-07-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 15:45:04 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:37*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote in message

om...

What on earth is the true story behind that sad affair?

It is almost certainly the same person with a grudge. *Sacha is honest

and
truthful which leaves it impotent. *It tries very hard to discredit her

in
anyway it can. Unfortunately, the gross stupidity it displays makes no
impact at all.

I am in total agreement with you; Sacha has never hurt anyone in her
life on or off usenet. He/she? discredits her/himself by posting
this; fortunately Sacha is more than able to dismiss such rot.

Judith

One of the less popular members of urg has tried this on, got no
response and has now come back in another guise. Pitiful.

Old 13-07-2009, 03:55 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 15:47:17 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:09*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in ...

I'd rather bludgeon my children to death with a hammer than eat there!

When SWMBO and I went there, the tearoom was closed, but we had a cup of

tea
with Sacha, and greatly enjoyed the cup of tea and the meeting. Would you
like to borrow a hammer?

Steve

I have friends here in France who used to live near Sacha, tell me
they drool for her choc cake and that their garden was stocked with
healthy, very fair priced plants, I think Sacha will be able to ignore
bitchy comments coming from where they do.

Judith

It's very funny, especially considering how many urglers have been
here! Two called the other day and gave us some Asparagus lettuce
seeds which is a new one to both of us. We're looking forward to
trying that.

Old 13-07-2009, 03:57 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-13 15:47:17 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jul 13, 2:09*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Mark" marky@mark wrote in ....

[...]

Everyone knows that Hill House is famous and so is the tea-room,
that's the problem, isn't it - jealousy.

Judith
Old 13-07-2009, 04:12 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message

Everyone knows that Hill House is famous and so is the tea-room,
that's the problem, isn't it - jealousy.

Not sure it is jealousy... more like desparation that Sacha is respected
in a way *it* can never be!

Sacha's Tearoom Mark[_11_] United Kingdom 6 18-08-2009 09:35 PM
Sacha's Seeds Part 3 Mike United Kingdom 0 30-07-2003 10:12 PM
Sacha's Seeds Mike United Kingdom 1 10-07-2003 09:21 AM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM
Sacha re Monks Hood Annabel United Kingdom 9 15-03-2003 03:32 AM