Old 21-08-2009, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Victoria's Secret

moghouse wrote:
I think that Victoria plums, along with kittens and Scandinavian au
pairs, are one of God's better creations and this year's crop is the
heaviest in my memory. We had plums with our cornflakes, plums on
crackers with our coffee, plums on toast with cheese for lunch, plums
and Victoria sponge with our afternoon tea and for dinner tonight it
will be plum rissotto with baked wasps followed by plum crumble. Has
anybody got any ideas for original plum recipes? - yes, I am starting
the plum jam making tomorrow and I have persuaded my brother in law to
do likewise.

In the last month I have done:

Plum compote
Pickled plums
Plum vinegar (see above)
Prunes
Plum wine
Pickled green plums (immature plums eaten including stones, windfalls from
May)
Glace plums
Plum cheese (yet to do)

We picked about 20-25kg from one tree, and that was about the third of the
crop we managed to pick before the wasps got it.

Theo