Old 20-09-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Long-reach hedgetrimmers

On Sep 20, 5:57*pm, Kath wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:32:11 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

Thank youfor all your very informative replies. It gives me a lot to think about. The
neatness is not very important in the place it is but the weight and drag on my arms and
shoulders may be. The expense of a 'platform' is to be thought out too but it is good to
consider.

Thanks.
Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available fromwww.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops

BTW, How's your neck; With the long reach thingy you'll find yourself
looking up , stressed, for a considerable amount of time than you
might ordinarily do. It can become a niggle.
Since the Stihl has been mentioned. Ye^p, now that one does seem to be
the best, though I speak from only one short duration try out.

It does get a bit sore when I do certain things but with hedge trimming it is usually my
hands with juggling the 3 switches to keep it going! :-)

3 switches.... OK, that's outside my realm of experience.
Old 20-09-2009, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 20, 7:35*pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from Kath contains these words:

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available fromwww.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops

* Kath, *this group has a charter ( link posted monthly, called abc)
which specifies *acceptable sigs when posting here. *Yours is not
compliant.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

* * Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

* Janet

And I should have been more efficient with my snipping. Normally I
prefer to keep that personal side of peoples" posts intact, but I can
see now after scrolling up that i should have cut out that sig because
it was way too long.
Old 26-09-2009, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:35:58 +0100, Janet Baraclough wrote:

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Janet

I do apologise. It does not appear on my screen and it is something which was set up by my
husband. I did not even notice.

Kath
Old 26-09-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Janet

I do apologise. It does not appear on my screen and it is something
which was set up by my
husband. I did not even notice.

Kath

Don't stress about it. A lot worse things have happened on urg. ;-)
--
Sacha

Old 26-09-2009, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

Janet

I do apologise. It does not appear on my screen and it is something
which was set up by my
husband. I did not even notice.

Kath

That's okay, and its gone now

Janet

Old 23-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Has anyone had any experience of either long-reach or articulated hedge trimmers? Are they
any good? I am very unsteady on step ladders and find it difficult to be up there and use
trimmers so I always miss a lot at the top of the hedge.

Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available from The Stories of George the Hamster
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops
You really have a number of options. I have a petrol hedge trimmer that has a long reach extension and anti-vibration which is great to use. However if you are shaky then I would suggest a battery powered model with a long reach as it will be lighter and enable you to trim without a ladder or risking injury.