Old 21-09-2009, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Countryfile

Did anyone watch Countryfile on Sunday evening?
Talk about wichcraft!
A guy filled 2 cowshorns with fresh manure, buried them in some earth
for 6 months, then mixed the resulting nice-looking compost in water,
stirred it in a particular way and then sprinkled it on the soil prior
to planting.
If he had buried a different container full of cow-poo, would it not
have decomposed equally well and had results which were just as good?
Am I missing something here?
Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

Pam in Bristol
Old 21-09-2009, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Did anyone watch Countryfile on Sunday evening?
Talk about wichcraft!
A guy filled 2 cowshorns with fresh manure, buried them in some earth
for 6 months, then mixed the resulting nice-looking compost in water,
stirred it in a particular way and then sprinkled it on the soil prior
to planting.
If he had buried a different container full of cow-poo, would it not
have decomposed equally well and had results which were just as good?
Am I missing something here?
Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

Sounds like a load of bull poo to me.

mark

Old 21-09-2009, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-09-21 23:15:33 +0100, Martin said:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:17:35 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Did anyone watch Countryfile on Sunday evening?
Talk about wichcraft!
A guy filled 2 cowshorns with fresh manure, buried them in some earth
for 6 months, then mixed the resulting nice-looking compost in water,
stirred it in a particular way and then sprinkled it on the soil prior
to planting.
If he had buried a different container full of cow-poo, would it not
have decomposed equally well and had results which were just as good?
Am I missing something here?
Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

Pam in Bristol

Exactly what we thought.

We came in halfway through the programme but didn't see that bit. In
principle, we have no objection to anything about old country folklore
etc. but to us this is beginning, more and more, to feel like a
programme made for people who rarely, if ever, visit the countryside.
--
Sacha

Old 22-09-2009, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:

In a newspaper editorial, Peter Treue argued that similar or equal results can
be obtained using standard organic farming principles (which he also criticized
as unproven in efficacy) and that the biodynamic preparations more resemble
alchemy or magic akin to geomancy.[26]

Like most of the economics and 'planning science' used by the rulers
this country appoints every election. So what do we have against
private enterprise in the invention of such, er, principles?

(for example, it is hard to prove that you have harnessed "cosmic forces" in the
foods).

It is very easy. I do it every day. Gravity is a cosmic force, and
I use it to hold the soil down.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-09-2009, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 21, 10:17*pm, Pam Moore wrote:

Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

I think what you have to bear in mind is that there is more shit in
the BBC than any other organisation in the country.

Old 22-09-2009, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Pam Moore
writes
Did anyone watch Countryfile on Sunday evening?

Yes, excellent programme. The photographs were stunning.

Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

Like Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Cash in Grannie's Attic?
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 22-09-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
moghouse writes
On Sep 21, 10:17*pm, Pam Moore wrote:

Have the BBC not something better to do with our money?

I think what you have to bear in mind is that there is more shit in
the BBC than any other organisation in the country.

But Countryfile is one of the jewels.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 22-09-2009, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 22, 11:32*am, Martin wrote:

I think what you have to bear in mind is that there is more shit in
the BBC than any other organisation in the country.

You forgot the political parties?

OK, Martin, on this one occasion, I will admit that you are right.
Old 22-09-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:

(for example, it is hard to prove that you have harnessed "cosmic
forces" in the foods).

It is very easy. I do it every day. Gravity is a cosmic force, and
I use it to hold the soil down.

Whilst predicting lottery winning numbers?

No problem. I use the cosmic force known as the laws od probability
to predict their distribution, and haven't got it wrong yet.

Q: What has a light side and a dark side, and holds the universe
together?

A: Duck tape.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 22-09-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:01:53 +0200, Martin wrote:

Like most of the economics and 'planning science' used by the rulers
this country appoints every election. So what do we have against
private enterprise in the invention of such, er, principles?

(for example, it is hard to prove that you have harnessed "cosmic
forces"
in the
foods).

It is very easy. I do it every day. Gravity is a cosmic force, and
I use it to hold the soil down.

Whilst predicting lottery winning numbers?

lol

Nick AKA Darren?

I never thought of that

Nick is a master of distraction?

Or a master of perturbation?

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 22-09-2009, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:01:53 +0200, Martin wrote:

Nick AKA Darren?

I never thought of that

Who's Darren? NOBODY of my age is called Darren ....

Nick is a master of distraction?

Or a master of perturbation?

Hmm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-09-2009, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:01:53 +0200, Martin wrote:

Like most of the economics and 'planning science' used by the rulers
this country appoints every election. So what do we have against
private enterprise in the invention of such, er, principles?

(for example, it is hard to prove that you have harnessed "cosmic
forces"
in the
foods).

It is very easy. I do it every day. Gravity is a cosmic force, and
I use it to hold the soil down.

Whilst predicting lottery winning numbers?

lol

Nick AKA Darren?

I never thought of that

Nick is a master of distraction?

Or a master of perturbation?

I vaguely recall my mother advising against that, something to do with
eyesight.

BBC Countryfile 'Summer Diaries' Sacha United Kingdom 9 01-08-2007 08:58 AM
BBC Countryfile Sacha United Kingdom 4 27-04-2007 07:05 PM
Japanese Knotweed (BBC1, Countryfile today) al Gardening 3 02-09-2003 01:02 AM