Old 30-09-2009, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Onion Goggles!

Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses onions etc
in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her sister, probably for
a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made by RSVP International inc
and yesterday we made three large kilner jars of pickled shallots. Sue used
the goggles and had no reaction at all, no tears, nothing. They actually
work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-09-2009, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 30, 11:28*am, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses onions etc
in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her sister, probably for
a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made by RSVP International inc
and yesterday we made three large kilner jars of pickled shallots. Sue used
the goggles and had no reaction at all, no tears, nothing. They actually
work.

Whatever you do don't let her grate horseradish!
Old 30-09-2009, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made
by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large kilner
jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no reaction at
all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Sounds like a great idea, might get a pair for my wife who suffers also.

Old 30-09-2009, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:35:58 GMT, "~Brian~" wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made
by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large kilner
jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no reaction at
all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Sounds like a great idea, might get a pair for my wife who suffers also.

Do the decent thing and give her a divorce )
--

Might be more expensive than the £14.99 for the goggles.

mark

Old 30-09-2009, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made
by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large kilner
jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no reaction at
all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 30-09-2009, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made
by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large kilner
jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no reaction at
all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
--
Pete C
London UK

Pete .......

Ei Ei That's shallot

--
Mike :-))))))

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 30-09-2009, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles
made by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large
kilner jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no
reaction at all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
--
Pete C
London UK

Pete .......

Ei Ei That's shallot

I stand corrected
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 30-09-2009, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles made
by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large kilner
jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no reaction at
all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot

What a little gem of a joke.

Old 30-09-2009, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wafflycat wrote:

"Pete C" wrote in message

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot

What a little gem of a joke.

Just cos you say it is doesn't made it funny. :-(
--
Phil Cook http://www.therewaslight.co.uk
Old 30-09-2009, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:20:35 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles
made by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large
kilner jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no
reaction at all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot

Fetch your goat?

Yes peas
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 01-10-2009, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:01:46 +0100, "Pete C"
wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
Don't laugh! My wife's eyes always suffer badly whenever she uses
onions etc in the kitchen which is why I usually get the job. Her
sister, probably for a laugh, bought her a pair of Onion Goggles
made by RSVP International inc and yesterday we made three large
kilner jars of pickled shallots. Sue used the goggles and had no
reaction at all, no tears, nothing. They actually work.

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w

Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot

Fetch your goat?

Yes peas

But you don't know where he's bean.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 01-10-2009, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w
Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
Fetch your goat?

Yes peas

But you don't know where he's bean.

Are you pulling his legume?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:28:49 +0200, David in Normandy
wrote:

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w
Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
Fetch your goat?
Yes peas

But you don't know where he's bean.

Are you pulling his legume?

Lettuce hope not. That would be un-savory.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:

http://www.strawberryfool.co.uk/Page...FZeY2Aodxm0_0w
Don't cut the bottom off the onion......no tears.
That's shallot
Fetch your goat?
Yes peas
But you don't know where he's bean.

Are you pulling his legume?

or just bolting the door after his horse radish has gone.

Tempted by a carrot on a string no doubt.
--
Pete C
London UK