Old 20-11-2009, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cyclamen - the bad news and the good news

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

If you do a Google image search on the species Kay mentioned, you might
get an idea from the leaves and flowers there. It sounds as if you've
bought garden ones if the flowers are small.

Small flowered C. persica ones are quite common, too, and those are
the ones that are NOT hardy.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 20-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Hi Mark, do your cyclamen have scented flowers, if so they could be Cyclamen
'Miracle' which is a dwarf, hardy (certainly down here in Cornwall) variety of which I sell a couple or three thousand every year at boot sales (£1 each or any 6 for £5) they start flowering in August and are often still in flower in April, and yes they are very prone to the dreaded vine weevil. I might add that I don't grow them, I buy them in from a local nursery in flower and they always give me a superb end to my plant selling season.
Best Wishes Lannerman.