Old 18-12-2009, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RHS FRUSTRATION!

I have just filled in my seed order /choice, for this year for the 21st
time today! (I only kept going as it was too snowy to go out)
Not only do you have to put the number or name in the choice box but you
then have to scroll down after each choice to get the button to add it
to your basket.
Never one to give in, I plodded on until i had my 20 seed choices and 5
alternatives and pressed NEXT
what do i get from a supposedly professional webdeign?
A runtime error!!
EACH time i have gone back to try again, having to choose the seeds all
over again and each time i have lost the data.

SIGH............... no way of printing the list out or anything.
Email just now off to webmaster but no one will really care....

frustrated of Amersham..
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-12-2009, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Agghhhhh
I have just had my email to the webmaster (using link at bottom of page)
bounced as 'no such address'

They certainly know how to irritate !!
Old 18-12-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy"
I have just filled in my seed order /choice, for this year for the 21st
time today! (I only kept going as it was too snowy to go out)
Not only do you have to put the number or name in the choice box but you
then have to scroll down after each choice to get the button to add it to
your basket.
Never one to give in, I plodded on until i had my 20 seed choices and 5
alternatives and pressed NEXT
what do i get from a supposedly professional webdeign?
A runtime error!!
EACH time i have gone back to try again, having to choose the seeds all
over again and each time i have lost the data.

SIGH............... no way of printing the list out or anything.
Email just now off to webmaster but no one will really care....

They have lots of problems at the moment, they have spent mega money on new
management and then had to get rid of lots of real workers to be able to pay
their salaries. It's top heavy just like like the NHS, the Lifeboats

Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

Old 19-12-2009, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 18, 10:02*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
[...]

Can you do either of these:
If you go back a page, (via "History" rather than clicking back) will
you see your completed form?
If so, before clicking to send, can you you ""copy" the whole thing?
If not possible to find it in History, can you re-fill and then do the
copy bit before sending.
That way if/when it goes astray you can try to simply "paste" back to
avoid the time out thingy.

Old 19-12-2009, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
aquachimp writes

Can you do either of these:
If you go back a page, (via "History" rather than clicking back) will
you see your completed form?

Yes but the from only shows one choice in a pop up window, you have to
use the arrows on the window to see more, Very frustrating itself.
Clicking again still gets you the runtime error! I cut and pasted that
in my missive to the RHS which then promptly bounced.

If so, before clicking to send, can you you ""copy" the whole thing?
If not possible to find it in History, can you re-fill and then do the
copy bit before sending.

Nope, you can never see your whole list once you fill it in.

Old 22-12-2009, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Agghhhhh
I have just had my email to the webmaster (using link at bottom of page)
bounced as 'no such address'

They certainly know how to irritate !!

If I wish to purchase something on-line and upon seeing a contact telephone
number, I frequently use the telephone rather than e-mail. I know this is a
bit retro but it works well very often - no frustration.

Perhaps there are times when pen and paper are the best method of ordering ?

Bill

Old 24-12-2009, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Dec, 21:02, Janet Tweedy wrote:
frustrated of Amersham..

Inspired by this to have a look (on the 19th) I ended up ordering some
Helebor plants, which were delivered yesterday. And 'left in the
garage' as I requested. Brilliant service.
Old 24-12-2009, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message

from bobharvey contains these words:
On 18 Dec, 21:02, Janet Tweedy wrote:
frustrated of Amersham..

Inspired by this to have a look (on the 19th) I ended up ordering some
Helebor plants, which were delivered yesterday. And 'left in the
garage' as I requested. Brilliant service.

Oh no! I am still in rehab from hellebore addiction. Had to go cold
turkey
when there was no room left in their shady bed. (some of them have been
in flower for a couple of weeks btw)

That's a hell of a bore.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 25-12-2009, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
What did you get, then?

I've just ordered some seeds from Plants of Distinction and will
probably sow them today or tomorrow as they seem to do better sown as
soon you get them. They have seeds from quite unusual ones so it will be
interesting to see what comes up!

Janet
Old 26-12-2009, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Dec, 12:33, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message

from bobharvey contains these words:

On 18 Dec, 21:02, Janet Tweedy wrote:
frustrated of Amersham..

Inspired by this to have a look (on the 19th) I ended up ordering some
Helebor plants, which were delivered yesterday. *And 'left in the
garage' as I requested. *Brilliant service.

* *Oh no! I am still in rehab from *hellebore *addiction. Had to go cold
turkey
when there was no room left in their shady bed. (some of them have been
in flower for a couple of weeks btw)

* * What did you get, then?

from the december collection
Helleborus × hybridus 'Red Lady' - "The upright stems of this cultivar
carry single flowers in shades of red from late winter to mid-spring.
T"

on the wibble the flowers look blood red, wth a black flush at the
base of the petals. Remains to be seen how dark they will be.

Old 26-12-2009, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-25 10:54:16 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
What did you get, then?

I've just ordered some seeds from Plants of Distinction and will
probably sow them today or tomorrow as they seem to do better sown as
soon you get them. They have seeds from quite unusual ones so it will
be interesting to see what comes up!

Janet

Have you got H. Black Beauty, Janet? It's lovely and really dark. The
other place with interesting seeds, though not necessarily Hellebores,
is Secret Seeds.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 29-12-2009, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Have you got H. Black Beauty, Janet? It's lovely and really dark. The
other place with interesting seeds, though not necessarily Hellebores,
is Secret Seeds.

That's Derry Watkins isn't it?
Yes placed an order last week actually.

Looking for Codonopsis convolvulacea /vinciflora for some at the moment
but haven't spotted any seeds yet available anywhere.

Janet
Old 30-12-2009, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 14:24:34 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha writes

Have you got H. Black Beauty, Janet? It's lovely and really dark. The
other place with interesting seeds, though not necessarily Hellebores,
is Secret Seeds.

That's Derry Watkins isn't it?
Yes placed an order last week actually.

Looking for Codonopsis convolvulacea /vinciflora for some at the moment
but haven't spotted any seeds yet available anywhere.

Janet

No, Derry's is Special Plants, at Coldharbour, near Bath. Sevret Seeds
is near Tiverton but sends seeds out from Bristol, I believe.

Old 30-12-2009, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 14:24:34 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha writes

Have you got H. Black Beauty, Janet? It's lovely and really dark. The
other place with interesting seeds, though not necessarily Hellebores,
is Secret Seeds.

That's Derry Watkins isn't it?
Yes placed an order last week actually.

Looking for Codonopsis convolvulacea /vinciflora for some at the moment
but haven't spotted any seeds yet available anywhere.

Janet

No, Derry's is Special Plants, at Coldharbour, near Bath. Sevret Seeds
is near Tiverton but sends seeds out from Bristol, I believe.

Cold Ashton, not Cold harbour! As the crow flies it's near me, but as
I can no longer drive, it might as well be 100 miles away. Super
place to go if you can get there.

Pam in Bristol
Old 30-12-2009, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 14:24:34 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha writes

Have you got H. Black Beauty, Janet? It's lovely and really dark. The
other place with interesting seeds, though not necessarily Hellebores,
is Secret Seeds.

That's Derry Watkins isn't it?
Yes placed an order last week actually.

Looking for Codonopsis convolvulacea /vinciflora for some at the moment
but haven't spotted any seeds yet available anywhere.

Janet

No, Derry's is Special Plants, at Coldharbour, near Bath. Sevret Seeds
is near Tiverton but sends seeds out from Bristol, I believe.

Cold Ashton, not Cold harbour! As the crow flies it's near me, but as
I can no longer drive, it might as well be 100 miles away. Super
place to go if you can get there.

Pam in Bristol

Of course it is - silly moi. Sorry!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

String trimmer frustration ctlady Gardening 6 14-07-2008 02:31 PM
Frustration!!! Ray B Orchids 1 29-09-2007 09:41 PM
potting mix frustration 0tterbot Australia 26 23-12-2006 05:13 AM
Lotus Frustration EliezerE Ponds 46 10-07-2003 01:56 PM