Old 17-02-2010, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bloody birds!

In message , alan.holmes
writes

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the *******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Alan

Get a cat
--
hugh

Old 18-02-2010, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:54:43 +0000, ®óñ© © ²°¹° wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:49:09 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the *******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Let them eat cake.

Carrot cake?
--

Martin

House or Sand ?...:-)

Bill

Old 18-02-2010, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Or shoot the pigeons, woodpigeon breast is marvellous eating. It's
yummy.
Tina

Better than magpie?..... ;-)))

Better than wrung neck parakeet?
--

They haven't reached Leics yet.
Tina

They're getting closer by the season. Two years max - then you'll have a
multi coloured, longer tailed magpie type to haunt you :-)) And they are
so noisy; much more so than the original b & w version.

If they don't steal eggs from my chickens, or wild birds and don't attack
chicks of either species I can cope if they arrive here. I think!
Noise would not particularly bother me.
I doubt they are a protected species so if they were to even touch my
poultry they would be ex-parakeets.
Other than that I will await their arrival and see how we get on ;-)
Tina

Old 19-02-2010, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , alan.holmes
writes

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the *******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Alan

Get a cat

One of our neighbours has a cat, which seems to think my garden belongs to
it, but it hasn't, so far, realised that it should be keeping the damned
birds away, how do you train them?

Alan

--
hugh

Old 20-02-2010, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , alan.holmes
writes

My green veg has been destroyed by the damned birds, the sprouts and
another, whose name I cannot remember, have been decimated by the *******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Alan

Get a cat

One of our neighbours has a cat, which seems to think my garden belongs to
it, but it hasn't, so far, realised that it should be keeping the damned
birds away, how do you train them?

Hahaha.
If you find a way to train a cat, please advise me ;-)
Tina

Old 22-02-2010, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

*******
birds, how can I stop the damned things from getting at the green veg?

Alan

Get a cat

One of our neighbours has a cat, which seems to think my garden belongs
to it, but it hasn't, so far, realised that it should be keeping the
damned birds away, how do you train them?

Hahaha.
If you find a way to train a cat, please advise me ;-)

I've been associated with cats for at least 70 years, and it is not easy to
trian them, in fact it is usually the other way round, they train their
keepers!(:-)

Alan

Tina

Old 22-02-2010, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I've bought 5 foot long rubber snakes to keep the birds out of my
garden. For the rubber snakes to be effective in keeping birds away you
must move the rubber snakes around in the garden every day. If the birds
see the snake in the same spot every day they'll assume the snake is
dead and come down and try to peck at it but moving them around confuses
the bird brains.

Old 23-02-2010, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

I've been associated with cats for at least 70 years, and it is not easy to
trian them, in fact it is usually the other way round, they train their
keepers!(:-)

Alan

Keepers?
I think you mean their providers or their humans.
David Hill
Old 23-02-2010, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

I've been associated with cats for at least 70 years, and it is not easy
trian them, in fact it is usually the other way round, they train their
keepers!(:-)

Alan

Keepers?
I think you mean their providers or their humans.

Not at all. He means their servants, or so my cat would have you believe
:-}

--
Kathy

Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered User

Birds are becoming a considerable problem in our society. Bird droppings can also cause serious liability risk. The acidic nature of pigeon droppings wears down structures such as bridges and buildings. i am also suffering a great problem due to these bloody birds.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , stphen
writes

Birds are becoming a considerable problem in our society.

Nearly as much as some species of people (trolls for example).
--
Gopher .... I know my place!