Old 15-04-2010, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is this a Pieris Japonica?

Hi

We bought this plant at a nursery the other day and when we got it home we
realised we didn't have the identification/care lable on it. The white stick
protruding from the soil is unfortunately blank. I went there again at lunch
to get a couple more bits but they didn't have any more of the plants left.
I asked the guy there and he thinks it was probably a Pieris Japonica.

Does anyone know if that's what it definitely is? I've looked on Google
images and the ones there are certainly very similar but the only thing
that's made me a little unsure is that I haven't seen any with the same kind
of stems - i.e: that yellowy-green with curved young leaves. Here's a photo
of it:

http://www.creationfactor.net/misc/pink_leaves.jpg

Thanks
Bigus

Old 15-04-2010, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bigus
writes
Hi

We bought this plant at a nursery the other day and when we got it home we
realised we didn't have the identification/care lable on it. The white stick
protruding from the soil is unfortunately blank. I went there again at lunch
to get a couple more bits but they didn't have any more of the plants left.
I asked the guy there and he thinks it was probably a Pieris Japonica.

Does anyone know if that's what it definitely is? I've looked on Google
images and the ones there are certainly very similar but the only thing
that's made me a little unsure is that I haven't seen any with the same kind
of stems - i.e: that yellowy-green with curved young leaves. Here's a photo
of it:

http://www.creationfactor.net/misc/pink_leaves.jpg

Thanks
Bigus

I believe it is. It's most certainly a Pieris and looks a little less
red than the Forestii which I know better.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 15-04-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bigus" wrote in message
[...]

Definitely looks like the one I had in my last garden. Looks very healthy
too!

Old 16-04-2010, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Bigus" contains these words:

Hi

We bought this plant at a nursery the other day and when we got it home
we
realised we didn't have the identification/care lable on it. The white
stick
protruding from the soil is unfortunately blank. I went there again at
lunch
to get a couple more bits but they didn't have any more of the plants
left.
I asked the guy there and he thinks it was probably a Pieris Japonica.

Does anyone know if that's what it definitely is?

yes it is

Great, thanks for the replies.

Bigus

[IBC] INDICES (was Pieris japonica pygmacea) Alan Walker Bonsai 8 10-03-2004 02:39 AM
[IBC] Pieris japonica pygmacea Jim Lewis Bonsai 4 09-03-2004 02:41 AM
[IBC] Pieris japonica pygmacea Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 08-03-2004 08:18 PM
[IBC] Pieris japonica Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 16-01-2004 11:12 PM
Pieris japonica leaves going yellow - problem? TobyB United Kingdom 1 02-05-2003 08:33 PM