Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default more spring colours

I bunged around the garden last Sunday (2 May) in between thunder
storms, and took a bunch of random pictures. Mostly maples (not too
many Japanese as these are hardly out) as the intent was to post to the
maple forum.

Inspired by Val's shots I thought post them here too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11792457...010YardPhotos#

I'll leave them up for a few weeks.

cheers,

-E
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/04/2010 10:56 AM, AriesVal wrote:
Very pretty, lots of stuff springing up Like you I have my veggie raised
beds covered with wired frames to protect young growing plants from
marauding cats and pigeons.

Truth to tell, the beds are a great mess, I seem to be falling even
further behind than usual this year. So lots of weeds "springing
up..."

The wire drives me crazy, but there's just no choice. We apparently
have an overpopulation of deer, they're currently very aggressive and
they like nothing so much as young maple shoots. (Well, they're pretty
fond of roses, too). They come in pretty much every night and exchange
barks with the dog. I'm having to protect more and more young plants,
which is not the greatest looking effect... The disadvantage of
starting a garden from scratch is there are a lot of young plants!
But it's starting to fill in a bit now.

-E
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-05-04 00:17:52 +0100, Emery Davis said:

I bunged around the garden last Sunday (2 May) in between thunder
storms, and took a bunch of random pictures. Mostly maples (not too
many Japanese as these are hardly out) as the intent was to post to the
maple forum.

Inspired by Val's shots I thought post them here too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11792457...010YardPhotos#

I'll leave them up for a few weeks.

cheers,

-E

Really lovely - those could illustrate an English spring and I hope you
keep them all. It just shows what a wealth of colour there is around at
this time of year.

Thanks Sacha. One the wonderful things about maples in general is that
the colours are lovely in spring and fall both!

-E
Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/04/2010 08:31 PM, Sacha wrote:
Thanks Sacha. One the wonderful things about maples in general is that
the colours are lovely in spring and fall both!

-E

You're right - and I think I realised you're quite fond of them. ;-)
--
Sacha

You know, a few of the maples in the photos are from Junkers Nursery,
who you recommended to me, a couple of years ago! Karen has come out
with a very nice book on woodland gardening, if you haven't seen it.

-E