Old 31-07-2010, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Favourite veg

"Escargo" wrote in message
My 7yo daughter has participated in her school veggie garden project, and
she and all her year class have a questionere asking their family which 3
veg they consider is the most popular, and it got me thinking what is the
most popular with us, as a nation.

Mine are New potatoes, broad beans, brussels sprouts.

My wife says runner beans, tomatoes, parsnip.

My mum and dad say anything that is in the garden waiting to be
picked.(not
an answer but in the tick other box)

I wondered what this groups preferences are.

Runner beans, sprouts and tomatoes.

I could add more!

Alan

Cheers
Sandra and Micky

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

I want to change my reply. Asparagus, broad beans and okra. I'd forgotten about okra.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Zhang Dawei" wrote in message
t...
In article qX05o.11497$MQ3.7978@hurricane, alan.holmes27
@somewhere.net says...

"Escargo" wrote in message
My 7yo daughter has participated in her school veggie garden project,
and
she and all her year class have a questionere asking their family which
3
veg they consider is the most popular, and it got me thinking what is
the
most popular with us, as a nation.

Mine are New potatoes, broad beans, brussels sprouts.

My wife says runner beans, tomatoes, parsnip.

My mum and dad say anything that is in the garden waiting to be
picked.(not
an answer but in the tick other box)

I wondered what this groups preferences are.

Runner beans, sprouts and tomatoes.

I could add more!

Alan

They obviously repeat on you.

Yes, but I don't understand why!

I don't think that has happened to me before.

Alan

--
Zhang Dawei: Beijing, P.R.China. (Family name is "Zhang".)
Private emails should use "Reply-To" address. This will remain

Old 01-08-2010, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:01:09 +0000, Escargo wrote:

I wondered what this groups preferences are.

Asparagus, asparagus and did I mention asparagus?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Escargo" wrote in message
My 7yo daughter has participated in her school veggie garden project, and
she and all her year class have a questionere asking their family which 3
veg they consider is the most popular, and it got me thinking what is the
most popular with us, as a nation.

Mine are New potatoes, broad beans, brussels sprouts.

My wife says runner beans, tomatoes, parsnip.

My mum and dad say anything that is in the garden waiting to be
picked.(not
an answer but in the tick other box)

I wondered what this groups preferences are.

Cheers
Sandra and Micky

Well, if beans, peas, and tomatoes are vegetables, other "fruit" could be
considered a vegetable. On that basis, with a bit of stretching, my
favourite vegetable is chocolate. ;-)

--

Jeff

Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Jeff Layman wrote:
Well, if beans, peas, and tomatoes are vegetables, other "fruit" could be
considered a vegetable. On that basis, with a bit of stretching, my
favourite vegetable is chocolate. ;-)

You can have it after Nick's chips. :-)