Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2010, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pub sign

Going through Tadley near Burghclere in Berkshire we stopped at a pub
called the Pineapple (we were on our way to Penwood Nursery)
Very olde worlde and atmospheric but Very Strange thing - the pub sign,
well painted and clear had The Pineapple on it and a large picture of a
pine cone!

Penwood nursery is well worth visiting, enormous trees of all shapes and
sizes and every rarer one too! Plants were really well grown, no
toiltes/play area/shop/amusments/restaurant - just a barn to pay in.
Shrubs and perennials had a sort of very large cabbage 'collar' on them
to stop weeds in the pots.
Prices were reasonable and people knew what they were doing. Last sight
was one of a couple trying valiantly to get a standard wisteria into
their car

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
pub quiz questions Kate Morgan United Kingdom 23 03-07-2009 10:29 PM
pub quiz IV Frank Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:51 PM
Pub re-miner: a tool for PubMed query building and literature mining. jkoster Plant Biology 0 22-02-2006 09:25 PM
No Sign of Spring here in Bronx, Ny Zone 6 MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 09-02-2003 06:55 PM