Old 15-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Tickettyboo

Default Thompson and Morgan

Just a cautionary tale, don't know if people in here use their online
ordering, but I did for the first time last week.
Total cost of the order was £51.90 and I had an acknowledgement by
mail...just one acknowledgement, as expected.
All very good, till I checked my bank account...payment had been taken 3
times :-(
Rang the bank , who confirmed it was not their error, the transaction
had been processed 3 times by T&M
Rang T&M, got an apology and they have said they will refund, no real
explanation other than..it must have been a glitch on the system, all 3
had the same order reference..say its all done automatically and no
human input. This kind of worried me more than if they had said it had
been a clerical error cos it would appear that there could be something
very wrong with their system if this can happen
So, I am pleased they are dealing with it promptly, the young lady I
spoke to was very nice and did apologise..but it would be a good idea to
keep an eye on your bank statement if you place an online order.

--
Ticketty᧧

Old 15-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Bob Hobden

"Tickettyboo" wrote ...
[...]

I think you have been unlucky, we have never had a problem ordering online
from T & M.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 15-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Mike

"Tickettyboo" wrote in message
[...]

When I first started in business it was in a November and I instructed the
people who organise your stamp to take it via Direct Debit. Fine, from
November 1st. I had been on PAYE up to then so all was paid in all
departments. First bank statement showed they had taken the lot out back to
April 1st. Overdraft situation :-(( Compensation was of course paid :-))

Mike

Old 15-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Tickettyboo

In ,
Bob Hobden whispered softly in my ear...:
"Tickettyboo" wrote ...
Just a cautionary tale, don't know if people in here use their online
ordering, but I did for the first time last week.

I think you have been unlucky, we have never had a problem ordering
online from T & M.

Yes, I think it was unusual and that I may have been unlucky...as I
said, I am happy with the way it is being dealt with, ( lol well, I will
be when the money is returned to my account, but realise that will take
a few days) just wanted to remind people that its a good idea to check.

--
Ticketty᧧

Old 15-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered User

Location: Worthing, England
Smile

I've never had any problems with T&M..They have been good at
helping with giving complimentary goods for fundraising at a local horticulture society, and have good brochures.

Old 16-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Blossom contains these words:

I've never had any problems with T&M..They have been good at
helping with giving complimentary goods for fundraising at a local
horticulture society, and have good brochures.

Good brochure? If you mean the one which dropped through my letterbox
this week, it's bloody dreadful. Why can't they keep all (say) marrows,
squashes, etc together in a section, likewise beans, likewise tomatoes
instead of spreading them around?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 16-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

We received this catalogue the other day - the vegetable one and you might
find it very useful: http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/

Ta. Actually, I haven't got a lot of room for veg in my not very long,
very narrow plot - I've a stand of jerusalem artichokes, a few tomatoes,
some - (a bit more than some) rhubarb, a few peas growing up the wall
from a sort-of hanging cycle basket thingy, a row of runner beans, a few
jalapino chillis in pots; a pile of elder logs under a dark, damp hedge
from which I harvest Jew's ear, and nowhere else suitable (yet) for
growing veg.

Next year's seeds are already obtained/saved, and include some tomatoes;
marrow, long green trailing; pumpkin; two types of cucumber; some more
chillis; more peas and beans - and if I can think of anything else that
climbs fruitfully, I'll add that to the grape vines and fig tree. Well,
fig proto-tree.

Old 16-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote after ...
"Jaques d'Alltrades" :

I've never had any problems with T&M..They have been good at
helping with giving complimentary goods for fundraising at a local
horticulture society, and have good brochures.

Good brochure? If you mean the one which dropped through my letterbox
this week, it's bloody dreadful. Why can't they keep all (say) marrows,
squashes, etc together in a section, likewise beans, likewise tomatoes
instead of spreading them around?

We received this catalogue the other day - the vegetable one and you might
find it very useful: http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/

Yes it is good, I've seen one before so have saved the link for future years
as we haven't got an allotment after the end of this month, the Council have
given us all notice to quit. They have promised us a new smaller but super
site, sometime, but as they have just found Slow Worms on the land it's all
on hold. (I told them they were there two years ago!)
Nowhere to grow anything, doesn't feel right. :-(

Old 17-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered User

Location: Worthing, England

The T&M Catalogue has its own distinctive classification, which is not to everyone's liking, but I can find my way around it OK.

Old 21-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
Good brochure? If you mean the one which dropped through my letterbox
this week, it's bloody dreadful. Why can't they keep all (say) marrows,
squashes, etc together in a section, likewise beans, likewise tomatoes
instead of spreading them around?

Online I find Nicky's seeds very good especially as they list the seeds
that can be sown per month, so if you've got a spare month you can order
something knowing they can be used straight away!
Good for hinting that you can use up a half finished packet by making an
autumn sowing of many flowers and vegetables.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 23-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
Good brochure? If you mean the one which dropped through my

letterbox
this week, it's bloody dreadful. Why can't they keep all (say)
marrows, squashes, etc together in a section, likewise beans,
likewise tomatoes instead of spreading them around?

Online I find Nicky's seeds very good [...]

T&M have for many many years had their catalogue designed by a
specially-bred maniac who thinks alphabetical order is an evil
totalitarian assault on his constitutional freedom of speech.
Assisted by the bloke who makes supermarkets move their stuff around
in the dead of night to encourage us to make impulse purchases. Leave
them to stew in their gee-whiz prose.

(You suspect, gentle reader, that I may have had some dealings with
designers in my time? I can't imagine why you should imagine such a
thing.)

--
Mike.