Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered User

Sorry to hear that some of your are annoyed over the pop-up I use on my site. I didn't realise it was causing such cross browser issues. I've now changed the dimensions and hopefully, if you don't want to join my mailing list, you are now able to simply click the X to remove the pop-up, and view all the content for free.

For the person who thinks I charge £15 for a two hour walk, which from your reasoning means I make £150 for 2 hours (only if a course is full), please read my ethos on my foraging courses site... I make it very clear that I teach by DONATION, and the £15 is a suggested amount for the many years, and hundreds and hundreds of hours of work I have put into research wild edible plants of the British Isles.

I've discovered over 100 new edible plants that are not mentioned in any wild food book in print or out of print. I share my knowledge freely on my eatweeds site, and try and keep the wolf from the door by teaching foraging. I have no other way of earning a living, because all my time I spend putting into my life-work, bringing the forgotten knowledge of foraging back to the greater community. And you resent that?

I am not an armchair forager, I have not just read a few books and then think I can teach. I live and breath wild edible plants every minute of every day. This is what I do, and I make no apology for it.

Best

Robin
Old 01-12-2010, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Eat weeds

--
eatweeds

Hi Robin.
Marketing can be such a funny ol' game;
When I read your largely aggressive post the first response that came
to mind was:

eat shit. (geddit)

But then I went looking for the post you referred to and then checked
your site to see where that specific information is to be found and
might I say, in doing so I feel quite impressed by what you have to
offer.
So, I'd just like to wish you lock.

There's no point in mentioning keeping the "wolf from the door". That
infers an apology for your fee, when, from what I can see, you have
nothing to apologize about.

Yes, I know that many a person in a gardening trade might not make
the equivalent of £7.50 per hour despite years of practice, dedication
hard work, accumulated knowledge and expertise, whilst an incompetent,
unimaginative dullard of a recently "qualified" solicitor will get
maybe £200, or that many a course will take £2000 for a relatively
small number of hours to confer certification that will most likely
not lead to an aspired for job. But, that's life innit.

Still, I do think you could have just left it to saying something more
like
; to the person who thinks I make £150 to take 10 people for a two
hour walk, please note that the £15 is a but suggested donation. In
exchange for which you get to benefit from the many years, and
hundreds and hundreds of hours of work I have put into research wild
edible plants of the British Isles. This includes knowledge of over
100 new edible plants that I have discovered and are not mentioned in
any wild food book in print or out of print. And of course the
information on my eatweeds site is shared freely.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Registered User

Point taken aquachimp. Cheers.

Robin

To eat or not to eat (:-) Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 1 30-10-2012 10:42 PM
eat the weeds Hermit Edible Gardening 4 28-12-2008 06:45 PM
I need advice on this difficulty. Weeds weeds weeds. Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 18-07-2005 09:45 PM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? possibly OT Salty Thumb Gardening 0 22-06-2004 11:04 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM