Old 21-11-2010, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Eat weeds

Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?
David
Old 21-11-2010, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I don't like their website - they're very insistent.

Since they wouldn't let me ignore their 'sign-up for a free
something-or-other, I killed it.

--
Rusty
Old 22-11-2010, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/11/2010 20:39, Rusty Hinge wrote:
Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I don't like their website - they're very insistent.

Since they wouldn't let me ignore their 'sign-up for a free
something-or-other, I killed it.

??

I got a popup and simply clicked on the red "X" to close it. No problem
to look at the rest of the website.

--

Jeff
Old 22-11-2010, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I don't like their website - they're very insistent.

Since they wouldn't let me ignore their 'sign-up for a free
something-or-other, I killed it.

??

I got a popup and simply clicked on the red "X" to close it. No problem
to look at the rest of the website.

I didn't have any problems with the site nor did I get any popups. But
then I use the Firefox web browser with Adblock and NoScript - they get
rid of all the crap on websites nowadays and make them load faster too.
I tried using Microsoft's Internet Explorer the other day for curiosity
- first time for years and was amazed how many adverts and other crap
are on sites now. I'd only been using it for ten minutes or so when I
got a security alert about something trying to hijack the browser! So
quickly back to Firefox again.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 22-11-2010, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

r...
Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

isn't Firefox a Microsoft product?

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Old 22-11-2010, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

I also have Adblock plus running, and am happy with it. I disabled
NoScript as I got fed up continually having to allow things. In
general, I have no idea whether something should be allowed to run or
not. Just looking at the NoScript webpages, there are 350 lines on the
features page and well over 1000 on the faq page. Too much information,
maybe?

Maybe I'll try again in future and persevere with it.

--

Jeff
Old 22-11-2010, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/11/2010 12:10, Gill Smith wrote:

isn't Firefox a Microsoft product?

No. Nothing to do with Microsoft.

Old 22-11-2010, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

I don't bother looking at any of the help or faq for it. If I'm just
surfing around or following links from Google then most sites don't need
to run scripts - those that don't seem to work without them I make a
judgement call and either temporarily allow scripts for that site to run
on the page or go to a different site.

The only sites I permanently allow permissions for are those such as
online banking. This regime seems to work well. I've not picked up any
computer viruses or trojans since switching to Firefox with these
add-ons years ago. My anti-virus has never needed to kick in to try to
block anything.

The one and only time I had a virus was around five years ago when I
used to use Internet Explorer and got hit with a drive-by virus. There
was a known hole in IE and Microsoft took several months to fix it - but
by then it was too late. I think a lot of folks got hit with that one.

Old 22-11-2010, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

* *To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the
* *subject line, or it will be automatically deleted
* *by a filter and not reach my inbox.- Hide quoted text -

Firefox like Thunderbird is out of the Mozilla stable, very good
utilities and free,
I take it by the way this thread has moved that no one here has come
accross "Eat weeds".
David
Old 22-11-2010, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Hill wrote:
[...]

David- Hide quoted text -

Probably an aquired taste? The way we're going, we'll all be eating
grass never mind weeds.

Old 22-11-2010, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I don't like their website - they're very insistent.

Since they wouldn't let me ignore their 'sign-up for a free
something-or-other, I killed it.

So did I. I could not get rid of it either.
Tina

Old 22-11-2010, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote in message
In article b3202072-6ecb-4dc0-982b-f525f13333c6
@e26g2000vbz.googlegroups.com, says...
Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I take it by the way this thread has moved that no one here has come
accross "Eat weeds".
David

I found both your questions ambiguous. If you mean, do I know anything
about that website and the persons named, no. Though I may have an
opinion of anyone who plans to earn £150 from taking 10 people for a 2-
hour nature walk.

If you meant, have urglers ever come across foraging and "eating weeds"
aka wildplants and do they know anything about it, then yes.

There was a bit about foraging for free food on Countrywise last night.
Seemed to be a small group of like-minded people living in Cornwall. No
mention of a website [as far as my over tired brain can recall] so may not
be the same people.

--
Kathy

Old 22-11-2010, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I take it by the way this thread has moved that no one here has come
accross "Eat weeds".
David

* I found both your questions ambiguous. If you mean, do I know anything
about that website and the persons named, no. *Though I may have an
opinion of anyone who plans to earn £150 from taking 10 people for a 2-
hour nature walk.

If you meant, have urglers ever come across foraging and "eating weeds"
aka wildplants and do they know anything about it, then yes.

* *Janet

Sorry if you had problems with my Question Janet,
I thought it was quite a simple question and un ambigious as I had
put "Eating Weeds" in inverted commas to denote the site rather than
the activity,
If I have to ask another question I will try to make it more simple3
so you don't have problems with it.
David
Old 22-11-2010, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in --
Probably an aquired taste? The way we're going, we'll all be eating
grass never mind weeds.

---------
I eat garlic mustard, small dandelion leaves and all sorts of wild plants
if they are edible.
Jack-by-the Hedge a.k.a garlic mustard is brilliant, put it in your
sandwiches instead of lettuce.

Old 22-11-2010, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message

Dave Hill wrote:
Came accross this site whilst browsing,
http://www.eatweeds.co.uk
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I don't like their website - they're very insistent.

Since they wouldn't let me ignore their 'sign-up for a free
something-or-other, I killed it.

So did I. I could not get rid of it either.
Tina

All I had to do to get rid of it was to click the close cross in the top
right
hand corner
--

Which was not there for me and no doubt Rusty would not have moaned about
it either if he could have have got rid of it so easily.

To eat or not to eat (:-) Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 1 30-10-2012 10:42 PM
eat the weeds Hermit Edible Gardening 4 28-12-2008 06:45 PM
I need advice on this difficulty. Weeds weeds weeds. Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 18-07-2005 09:45 PM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? possibly OT Salty Thumb Gardening 0 22-06-2004 11:04 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM