Old 16-12-2010, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners' World goes back to its roots with Monty

In article , Sacha
writes
Really Janet, coming from you, that last paragraph is truly hilarious.
Uriel had a clear agenda in bashing Monty Don in an unproven and
spiteful way. I'm not surprised you defend the method.

Sacha was that Janet? I am not sure it was her email address/ID

Janet (the other one)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 16-12-2010, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes
Really Janet, coming from you, that last paragraph is truly hilarious.
Uriel had a clear agenda in bashing Monty Don in an unproven and spiteful
way. I'm not surprised you defend the method.

Sacha was that Janet? I am not sure it was her email address/ID

Yes - we are clearly suffering from a "confusion" of janets now !

I remember the good old days on a sister group, when we suffered from a
surplus of martins.

Dozens of em (:-)

Just Martin P left now - and I think he is suffering from temporary
hibernation !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 16-12-2010, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
wrote

How reassuring that you two have spoken up in defence of Janet. She's
certainly in the right company.

Pot, Kettle, Black - yet again.

--
Alan
Old 16-12-2010, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Alan
writes
In message , Sacha
wrote

How reassuring that you two have spoken up in defence of Janet. She's
certainly in the right company.

Pot, Kettle, Black - yet again.

You can't beat these old ranges and open fires, it's a long time since I
saw a black kettle.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 16-12-2010, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2010-12-16 17:40:04 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Really Janet, coming from you, that last paragraph is truly
hilarious. Uriel had a clear agenda in bashing Monty Don in an
unproven and spiteful way. I'm not surprised you defend the method.

Sacha was that Janet? I am not sure it was her email address/ID
Janet (the other one)

Yes, it was. She's changed her email address/ID. Whatever you do,
don't involve yourself, please, Janet. You don't need to become one of
the targets.

Judging by what I have read from both Janets, neither of them need
advice from you.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Old 17-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Registered User

Hi Janet,

I could not have put it better myself, my sincere thanks for the eloquent rebuttal which you put forward on my behalf. I made a comment which I stand by, nothing else to be said on the subject!!!

PS:- Sacha, I have no agenda regarding the person in question, I would view that as a waste of my valuable time, and to be honest not worthy of the effort!!

uriel13
Old 17-12-2010, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

uriel13 wrote:
'Sacha[_4_ Wrote:

[...]
There's a full page feature article by
Monty Don in today's Daily Mail which shows that he has in fact been
gardening all his life and that this garden has been his for 20
years, back in the days when he couldn't afford to spend much on it.
'Soil survivor returns to his roots: Why it's glorious to be back on
my Gardeners' World, by Monty Don | Mail Online'
(http://tinyurl.com/3amnlxc)

[...]Nursery' (http://www.hillhousenursery.com)
South Devon

Hi Sacha,
Re Monty, Its not what you say about yourself that
counts!!!

He's always made a point of saying he isn't a trained gardener, that
he's got a lot to learn, and he makes no secret of his past career in
jewellery design...or, IIRC, that he only got a 2.2 (in English). Heck,
I remember when he was just plain Montagu Don.

I suspect those sad eyes give him an extra bit of telly appeal.

--
Mike.

Old 18-12-2010, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

He's always made a point of saying he isn't a trained gardener, that
he's got a lot to learn, and he makes no secret of his past career in
jewellery design...or, IIRC, that he only got a 2.2 (in English).

A Desmond just isn't good enough