Old 11-01-2011, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Birthday, Sacha!

Hope you have a lovely day doing something you really enjoy.
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 11-01-2011, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
Hope you have a lovely day doing something you really enjoy.
--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
gardening on clay

..
..
..

"Another year older and still capable of painting the town red

Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Indeed Sacha! Hope the day was really special, Trust you have several
more before the dreaded buss pass one

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:23:29 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:
[...]

My mistake (and a bad one at that) it should certainly have been Penblwydd

What's Welsh for typo ?...:-)

It looks like a Welsh word already... When I worked on a Welsh
newspaper group, though, it was all in English, so I never heard print
discussed in Welsh. My Academy Dictionary offers only expressions
equivalent to "typographical error", without any colloquial
alternative: I'd say "gwall argraffu" = "printer's error", and
"cam-brint" = "misprint".

--
Mike.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:23:29 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:
[...]

My mistake (and a bad one at that) it should certainly have been Penblwydd

What's Welsh for typo ?...:-)

It looks like a Welsh word already... When I worked on a Welsh
newspaper group, though, it was all in English, so I never heard print
discussed in Welsh. My Academy Dictionary offers only expressions
equivalent to "typographical error", without any colloquial
alternative: I'd say "gwall argraffu" = "printer's error", and
"cam-brint" = "misprint".

--
Mike.

Interesting - thanks.

Bill

Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2011-01-11 19:07:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

Indeed Sacha! Hope the day was really special, Trust you have several
more before the dreaded buss pass one

Janet

This IS the bus pass one, Janet! * Ray handed me my present this
morning, brought up tea, as usual, was duly thanked for my present etc.
*Then he said "You could get the flu jab now" - brightened my day no
end! * ;-)) *The only problem is that while I'm 65 to the rest of the
world, **I* know I'm still 28. *;-)
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

That is one of the problems, the brain and the body don't age at the
same rate, my brain is still 30 years younger and finds it hard to
accept the body is older.
Yesterday ( 10th ) was our wedding aniversary.
But with birthdays in mind mine is 02/08/1942. the wifes is
22/08/1952, and our next door neighbour is 12/08/1932
David
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

X-NoArchive:Yes
On 2011-01-11 19:07:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

Indeed Sacha! Hope the day was really special, Trust you have several
more before the dreaded buss pass one

Janet

This IS the bus pass one, Janet! * Ray handed me my present this
morning, brought up tea, as usual, was duly thanked for my present etc.
*Then he said "You could get the flu jab now" - brightened my day no
end! * ;-)) *The only problem is that while I'm 65 to the rest of the
world, **I* know I'm still 28. *;-)
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

You are still younger than me, just by a few months, I am 29. Happy
Birthday Sacha, I know it will be a good one, you have the most
wonderful family and husband. I'm not just saying that, I know it.
I'll be offline for a while, I'll keep in touch with the odd email.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

The only problem is that while I'm 65 to the rest of the world,

I thought you got the bus pass at 60 ? They do round here! Anyway you
obviously don't look your age!

Yes. It's national, at least within England.

Here fro your 60th birthday you apparently go into the district lottery
to be asked to send a sample in for analysis under some scheme to cut
down bowel cancer. Apparently the 60th birthday seems to generate the
lottery!

That's right.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet writes
t's not a lottery, it's a nationwide programme offering everyone age
60 + the chance to be screened for bowel cancer every two years.

The reason i say 'lottery' Janet is that not everyone I know who gets to
60 has had the letter so i assumed it was a random survey/

Janet

Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Janet
writes
t's not a lottery, it's a nationwide programme offering everyone age
60 + the chance to be screened for bowel cancer every two years.

The reason i say 'lottery' Janet is that not everyone I know who gets to
60 has had the letter so i assumed it was a random survey/

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

and at 74 I knew nothing about it at all until mentioned here,

BUT,

I have been in and out of hospital in the last couple of years, first with a
Quadruple Heart By-Pass then a major Lung operation. I 'expect' I was looked
at then.

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 13-01-2011, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet writes
If you mean, they are in their 60th year but haven't had it yet, we've
noticed up here that they seem to stagger it throughout the year, not
related to their actual birthday . Mine comes soon after my birthday,
J's comes about 9 months after his.

Janet

No some of them are 62 or 63 etc. they've not had anything.
Old 13-01-2011, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Janet
writes
If you mean, they are in their 60th year but haven't had it yet, we've
noticed up here that they seem to stagger it throughout the year, not
related to their actual birthday . Mine comes soon after my birthday,
J's comes about 9 months after his.

Janet

No some of them are 62 or 63 etc. they've not had anything.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

74 and had nothing, but did you read my other posting where I explained that
they may have monitored it whilst I was having Quadruple Heart By-Pass
Surgery in 2009 or Major Lung Surgery last year?

Mike