Old 14-02-2011, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mr Ladybird in or out of house

Mr ladybird is walking around our kitchen. we do have some plants on the
windowsill that have a few aphids, on but he seems to spend most of his time
on the rear door.

Would he be better off if he is put outside? or is he better off in the warm
house?

Old 14-02-2011, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"john reeves" wrote in message
Mr ladybird is walking around our kitchen. we do have some plants on the
windowsill that have a few aphids, on but he seems to spend most of his
time on the rear door.

Would he be better off if he is put outside? or is he better off in the
warm house?

???????????????

How do you know it's 'Mr' ?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 14-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john reeves View Post
Mr ladybird is walking around our kitchen. we do have some plants on the
windowsill that have a few aphids, on but he seems to spend most of his time
on the rear door.

Would he be better off if he is put outside? or is he better off in the warm
house?
Keep him inside, and leave a window slightly open for a little while, if he chooses to go outside then he can, if not let him stay inside.. He's certainly safer indoors!
__________________
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers
Old 14-02-2011, 06:17 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john reeves View Post
Mr ladybird is walking around our kitchen. we do have some plants on the
windowsill that have a few aphids, on but he seems to spend most of his time
on the rear door.

Would he be better off if he is put outside? or is he better off in the warm
house?
Are you sure he's Mr? Insects don't have quite as much a requirement for males as we do, so statistically he's likely to be Miss
__________________
Old 14-02-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:17:29 +0000, kay
wrote:

john reeves;912843 Wrote:
Mr ladybird is walking around our kitchen. we do have some plants on
the
windowsill that have a few aphids, on but he seems to spend most of his
time
on the rear door.

Would he be better off if he is put outside? or is he better off in the
warm
house?

Are you sure he's Mr? Insects don't have quite as much a requirement for
males as we do, so statistically he's likely to be Miss

I've known ladybirds to come indoors to lay eggs. Have a look for tiny
yellow eggs - that will prove it.

Harleqin Ladybird. Brin United Kingdom 2 13-04-2007 05:22 PM
ladybird??? p.k. United Kingdom 7 03-06-2005 07:47 PM
Ladybird House The Lady Gardener Australia 1 28-08-2004 11:55 AM
Ladybird Rhyme. Brian United Kingdom 15 15-05-2004 09:06 AM
First Ladybird! Martin Sykes United Kingdom 2 27-03-2003 10:56 PM