Old 26-02-2011, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mousetraps?

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
Sacha wrote in :

to fights and name calling.
Others join in and the whole insoluble merryg-round starts again with
no realistic outcome! That is the stuff I referred to.

I do know that the whole cat issue is a difficult and emotive one for
a lot of people and while I've never suffered from it - probably
because I've always had dogs - I have sympathy with peoples'
frustrations. But I could never, ever condone cruelty to a cat just
because it was doing what cats do. I think it's a recognised fact
that cats can't be 'controlled' in the way that dogs can be. I don't
know how a cat owner can stop a very determined cat leaving its own
garden, whereas most dogs can be fenced in.

Point taken, Sacha.

I have to say though, if a person cannot control their "pet", then as you
say it is uncontrollable, making it unsuitable as a domestic pet if you
let
it out of the house.

How do you suggest we control cats, keeping them inside all the time like
they often do in America? That's a dreadful life for them.
I think people need to realise that as much as anyone thinks it's their
right to garden, it's also
other people's right to keep cats. Without gardeners on here threatening
to kill them by antifreeze in their food. I would never live with myself
if I killed someone's pet for the sake of a few ferking seeds.

There is a parallel arguement regarding pigeon fanciers ( at least some of
them). So many Peregrine Falcons have been persecuted by pigeon fanciers
because the falcons predate on their prize birds,

For "some Fanciers" read "some gardeners", for gardens and plants read
pigeons and for cats read Peregrine Falcons.

You will always get selfish intolerant and cruel peole in society.

Bill

Old 27-02-2011, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
wrote

You will always get selfish intolerant and cruel peole in society.

And they are those people who "own" cats knowing that they will destroy
the local wildlife and kill Peregrine Falcons.
--
Alan
Old 27-02-2011, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Bill Grey
wrote

You will always get selfish intolerant and cruel peole in society.

And they are those people who "own" cats knowing that they will destroy
the local wildlife and kill Peregrine Falcons.
--

Yeah, my cat, who mainly minds his own business around here, looking for
mice and rats around my poultry is going to kill a Peregrine Falcon??

Old 27-02-2011, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:35:56 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , Bill Grey
wrote

You will always get selfish intolerant and cruel peole in society.

And they are those people who "own" cats knowing that they will destroy
the local wildlife and kill Peregrine Falcons.

If there was a battle between a cat and a peregrine falcon I'd bet on
the falcon coming out on top unless the falcon was already in trouble
(injured, sick or whatever). My soppy, doesn't go for birds, cat
needed vet treatment over Christmas after being attacked by a buzzard
when he was lying in the garden, minding his own business, and the
bird swooped down uninvited!

A neighbour's cat was attacked and torn apart by a fox. Wildlife is
just as capable of killing a cat as a cat is of killing wildlife.

Just because someone owns a cat doesn't mean that they are selfish,
intolerant or cruel. Some cat owners are irresponsible, granted, but a
lot of us know how to brainwash a cat.
Old 27-02-2011, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Bill Grey
wrote

You will always get selfish intolerant and cruel peole in society.

And they are those people who "own" cats knowing that they will destroy
the local wildlife and kill Peregrine Falcons.
--

Yeah, my cat, who mainly minds his own business around here, looking for
mice and rats around my poultry is going to kill a Peregrine Falcon??
How do you suggest he will do this? By jumping 1,000 feet into the air,
perhaps?
Get over your prejudice.

Give him a chance Tina, he has to get his head out of his arse first !

Bill

Old 27-02-2011, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
wrote

Give him a chance Tina, he has to get his head out of his arse first !

An intelligent response from the typical cat owner who frequents this
group.

--
Alan
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Bill Grey
wrote

Give him a chance Tina, he has to get his head out of his arse first !

An intelligent response from the typical cat owner who frequents this
group.

--
Alan

You just haven't a clue Alan - my cat is a black Labrador :-)

Bill

Mousetraps? Bill Grey United Kingdom 16 28-02-2011 09:31 PM
Mousetraps? Bill Grey United Kingdom 0 26-02-2011 07:56 PM
Mousetraps? Christina Websell United Kingdom 0 25-02-2011 04:10 PM
mousetraps Ann Lancing United Kingdom 3 19-02-2011 11:45 PM