Old 26-02-2011, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mousetraps?

Granted no-one will ever fully control a cat but I have now learned
that it is possible to "educate" them to be less of a nuisance. As
you've implied, the problem is more with the owner than the animal.

Jake

I think you have thought about this problem and have come to a conclusion
which is spot on. I mean spot on.
Thing is that interestingly, not all cat owners agree!

Baz

In general I think you will find that owners train dogs, but cats train the
owners !

Bill

Old 27-02-2011, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
wrote

In general I think you will find that owners train dogs, but cats train the
owners !

This is the argument often used by antisocial cat owners. All cats can
be trained but most owners believe it is acceptable to just throw them
out the house to roam as they please.

--
Alan
Old 27-02-2011, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Bill Grey
wrote

In general I think you will find that owners train dogs, but cats train
the
owners !

This is the argument often used by antisocial cat owners. All cats can be
trained

Well if you know a way to do it, please let me know.

but most owners believe it is acceptable to just throw them out the house
to roam as they please.

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

Tina

Old 27-02-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

Tina

"""entitled to roam in the UK. By law """

and that just about sums up the very selfish attitude of cat owners.

Thank you SO much for posting that :-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 27-02-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

Tina

"""entitled to roam in the UK. By law """

and that just about sums up the very selfish attitude of cat owners.

Thank you SO much for posting that :-))

"""I can by law, therefore I will """

:-((

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 27-02-2011, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
wrote

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

As you imply there is no legal way of stopping a cat destroying a garden
so the only advice that can be given is resort to illegal methods. The
chances of getting caught are close to zero and the chances of the owner
finding out are also close to zero. They wouldn't know if their missing
cat had been run over on the road.

--
Alan
Old 28-02-2011, 01:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
wrote

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

As you imply there is no legal way of stopping a cat destroying a garden
so the only advice that can be given is resort to illegal methods. The
chances of getting caught are close to zero and the chances of the owner
finding out are also close to zero. They wouldn't know if their missing
cat had been run over on the road.

If my cat was missing I would know if it had been run over as the council
collect roadkill and I would only need to phone them to see if if this was
the case.
Be very careful about what you are saying as your computer has a unique
number that can easily be traced to your house.

Old 28-02-2011, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
wrote

Cats are entitled to roam in the UK. By law - did I say this
before? I think I did. Get used to it.

As you imply there is no legal way of stopping a cat destroying a garden
so the only advice that can be given is resort to illegal methods. The
chances of getting caught are close to zero and the chances of the owner
finding out are also close to zero. They wouldn't know if their missing
cat had been run over on the road.

If my cat was missing I would know if it had been run over as the council
collect roadkill and I would only need to phone them to see if if this was
the case.
Be very careful about what you are saying as your computer has a unique
number that can easily be traced to your house.

Reference your last para. What a pity cats can't be traced to their
irresponsible and selfish owners.

Kindest possible regards

Old 28-02-2011, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
[...]

And to think that all I wanted was advice on the best mousetraps ... !

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Old 28-02-2011, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
Be very careful about what you are saying as your computer has a unique
number that can easily be traced to your house.

I am intrigued. What is this unique number my computer has that can be
traced to my house?

Mike

Old 28-02-2011, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote in
om:

I am intrigued. What is this unique number my computer has that can be
traced to my house?

Mike

The numbers 80.189.195.72 I think.

Baz
Old 28-02-2011, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Baz wrote:

I am intrigued. What is this unique number my computer has that can be
traced to my house?

The numbers 80.189.195.72 I think.

Whether or not that is so, most home users go through servers that
assign a nonce number to their connexion. It is trivial to locate
the server, but only that server will have the information to tie
the nonce name back to the house. Of course, breaking into the
average server is merely an exercise left for the student ....

Could it be an ip address? (clue)

Sigh. A little learning is a dang'rous thing; drink deep or taste
not the Pierian spring.

I was, of course, talking about IP addresses. Most home ones have
been dynamic for well over a decade - and that applies to most
laptops used at work, too. I suggest that you search on DHCP.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-02-2011, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"MuddyMike" wrote in
om:

I am intrigued. What is this unique number my computer has that can be
traced to my house?

Mike

The numbers 80.189.195.72 I think.

Baz

Ah, an IP address. You should find it is different today as my ISP has
allocated a variable IP address since I had problems with some dickwit
attacking my old fixed IP address.

Mike

Old 28-02-2011, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
wrote

Could it be an ip address? (clue)

If you believe that then try looking up the owner.

--
Alan

Mousetraps? Bill Grey United Kingdom 6 03-03-2011 08:55 PM
Mousetraps? Bill Grey United Kingdom 0 26-02-2011 07:56 PM
Mousetraps? Christina Websell United Kingdom 0 25-02-2011 04:10 PM
mousetraps Ann Lancing United Kingdom 3 19-02-2011 11:45 PM