Old 13-03-2011, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Does anyone here read the Mail on Sunday?

I have a problem you may be able to help me with.

Alan

alan dot holmes27 at virgin dot net

Old 14-03-2011, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-13 18:54:58 +0000, "alan.holmes"
said:

I have a problem you may be able to help me with.

We do, Alan. What can we help you with?

Oh dear! and I used to have such great respect for you, Sacha
Old 14-03-2011, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-13 18:54:58 +0000, "alan.holmes"
said:

I have a problem you may be able to help me with.

We do, Alan. What can we help you with?

Oh dear! and I used to have such great respect for you, Sacha

I only buy the Daily Mail for the codeword, a friend of mine introduced me
to them a long time ago and I've been hooked on them ever since, if I don't
get my daily fix, I cannot sleep at night!

There are a couple of the correspondents I usually read as well!

Alan

Old 15-03-2011, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-13 18:54:58 +0000, "alan.holmes"
said:

I have a problem you may be able to help me with.

We do, Alan. What can we help you with?

Oh dear! and I used to have such great respect for you, Sacha

I only buy the Daily Mail for the codeword, a friend of mine introduced
me to them a long time ago and I've been hooked on them ever since, if I
don't get my daily fix, I cannot sleep at night!

Ah the old 'crossword defence'. Won't wash, Alan. I buy the Torygraph
books of crosswords but would sooner stick pins in my eyes than buy the
paper Has the Mail yet finished its great ontological quest to divide
everything in the world into things that either cause or prevent cancer?
Old 15-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Turner View Post
Ah the old 'crossword defence'. Won't wash, Alan. I buy the Torygraph books of crosswords but would sooner stick pins in my eyes than buy the paper Has the Mail yet finished its great ontological quest to divide everything in the world into things that either cause or prevent cancer?
I have not found that regularly reading the Telegraph (though I never actually buy it) has made me vote Tory, and if anything I find myself even more of a zealot for liberal views in recent times. I do read it as "entertainment", and for intelligence on what the Tories are thinking. I look elsewhere to discover accurate information on news that is important, and for present liberal thinking.

Old 15-03-2011, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , echinosum
writes

Derek Turner;914963 Wrote:
Ah the old 'crossword defence'. Won't wash, Alan. I buy the Torygraph
books of crosswords but would sooner stick pins in my eyes than buy the
paper Has the Mail yet finished its great ontological quest to divide
everything in the world into things that either cause or prevent cancer?

I have not found that regularly reading the Telegraph (though I never
actually buy it) has made me vote Tory, and if anything I find myself
even more of a zealot for liberal views in recent times. I do read it as
"entertainment", and for intelligence on what the Tories are thinking.
I look elsewhere to discover accurate information on news that is
important, and for present liberal thinking.

Ah, a whinging Guardian reader
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old 15-03-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:06:17 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

In message , echinosum
writes

Derek Turner;914963 Wrote:
Ah the old 'crossword defence'. Won't wash, Alan. I buy the Torygraph
books of crosswords but would sooner stick pins in my eyes than buy the
paper Has the Mail yet finished its great ontological quest to divide
everything in the world into things that either cause or prevent cancer?

I have not found that regularly reading the Telegraph (though I never
actually buy it) has made me vote Tory, and if anything I find myself
even more of a zealot for liberal views in recent times. I do read it as
"entertainment", and for intelligence on what the Tories are thinking.
I look elsewhere to discover accurate information on news that is
important, and for present liberal thinking.

Ah, a whinging Guardian reader

Never heard of the "Guardian". Do you mean the "Gaurdien" by any
chance?

I used to get the Sunday Times every week but stopped because I never
got round to reading it. It wen down significantly when Roy Brookes
died (now there's a poser - who was he?)
Old 15-03-2011, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 2011-03-13 18:54:58 +0000, "alan.holmes"
said:

I have a problem you may be able to help me with.

We do, Alan. What can we help you with?

Oh dear! and I used to have such great respect for you, Sacha

I only buy the Daily Mail for the codeword, a friend of mine introduced
me to them a long time ago and I've been hooked on them ever since, if I
don't get my daily fix, I cannot sleep at night!

Ah the old 'crossword defence'. Won't wash, Alan. I buy the Torygraph
books of crosswords but would sooner stick pins in my eyes than buy the
paper Has the Mail yet finished its great ontological quest to divide
everything in the world into things that either cause or prevent cancer?

Certainly not. If it did, it would no longer be able to brand
something a cause one week and a cure the next.

How do you confuse the editor of the DM?
Gryy uvz vyyrtny vzzvtenagf ner gur angheny cerl bs nflyhz frrxref.

--
Mike.
Old 15-03-2011, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jim jim is offline

On 15/03/2011 23:09, Mike Lyle wrote:

Certainly not. If it did, it would no longer be able to brand
something a cause one week and a cure the next.

How do you confuse the editor of the DM?
Gryy uvz vyyrtny vzzvtenagf ner gur angheny cerl bs nflyhz frrxref.

Occasional readers of the the Mail may find this dictionary helpful

http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.u...ail-dictionary

Jim
NE England
Old 16-03-2011, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Jake
writes

Derek Turner;914963 Wrote:
[...]

Never buy a weekend paper. No point in paying twice as much for stuff I
never read
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Old 16-03-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:27:37 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

In message , Jake
writes
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:06:17 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

[...]
Ah, a whinging Guardian reader

Never heard of the "Guardian". Do you mean the "Gaurdien" by any
chance?

I ratted on the Grauniad and read the Indy instead. A rare case of a
rat boarding a sinking ship.

I used to get the Sunday Times every week but stopped because I never
got round to reading it. It wen down significantly when Roy Brookes
died (now there's a poser - who was he?)

Never buy a weekend paper. No point in paying twice as much for stuff I
never read

Roy Brookes! Ah, those were the days, when the country held an honest
estate agent.

--
Mike.
Old 16-03-2011, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:41:06 +0000, jim wrote:

On 15/03/2011 23:09, Mike Lyle wrote:

Certainly not. If it did, it would no longer be able to brand
something a cause one week and a cure the next.

How do you confuse the editor of the DM?
Gryy uvz vyyrtny vzzvtenagf ner gur angheny cerl bs nflyhz frrxref.

Occasional readers of the the Mail may find this dictionary helpful

http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.u...ail-dictionary

Nice work, Jim! Duly bookmarked.

--
Mike.
Old 16-03-2011, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
[...]

I used to love his descriptions, "Who in their right mind would want to buy
this damp and dingy basement flat"

Loved him ;-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 17-03-2011, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mike Lyle writes:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:41:06 +0000, jim wrote:

On 15/03/2011 23:09, Mike Lyle wrote:

Certainly not. If it did, it would no longer be able to brand
something a cause one week and a cure the next.

How do you confuse the editor of the DM?
Gryy uvz vyyrtny vzzvtenagf ner gur angheny cerl bs nflyhz frrxref.

Occasional readers of the the Mail may find this dictionary helpful

http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.u...ail-dictionary

Nice work, Jim! Duly bookmarked.

For Firefox users,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir.../kitten-block/ can be
useful for avoiding inadvertant Daily Mail...

Anthony

Old 18-03-2011, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-15 23:41:06 +0000, jim said:

On 15/03/2011 23:09, Mike Lyle wrote:

Certainly not. If it did, it would no longer be able to brand
something a cause one week and a cure the next.

How do you confuse the editor of the DM?
Gryy uvz vyyrtny vzzvtenagf ner gur angheny cerl bs nflyhz frrxref.

Occasional readers of the the Mail may find this dictionary helpful

http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.u...ail-dictionary

Jim
NE England

Hmmmmm- I know which paper has the higher readership figures, though. ;-)

Are you going to put us all out of our misery and tell us, please?

Alan

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com