Old 23-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered User

Default Plastic Water Barrels

Hi,
I am new to the forum and hope somebody in the area of Reading/Bracknell/Windsor can help please.

I am shortly moving to a brand new uncultivated plot. A very small area, and I anticipate growing a small number of veggies just for my own use in containers. I am initially looking for advice of sourcing one of those big plastic food barrels (or even two) to use as water butts.

Can anybody suggest where I might be able to get one locally? Most companies that deal in these barrels seem to be in the Midlands and I haven't been able to find anything near me.

TIA
Old 23-04-2011, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Sadge

Hi Sadge

Welcome to gardenbanter and uk.rec.gardening.

If you would care to go to http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q and look at
photo SG101021 you will see 5 'water butts' linked together behind my
garage. These are Fruit Juice Barrels obtained from my local Garden
Centre/Nursery thingy.

Might be worth your while printing off the picture of them and touting it
round your likely places.

Good Luck

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 23-04-2011, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Sadge" wrote in message

[...]

I should have added, as many urglers know, I am on the Isle of Wight which
is NOT in the Midlands ;-)

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

GÃœRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 05-06-2007 08:11 AM
55 Gallon Plastic Barrels Texas 3 17-10-2006 07:17 PM
Washing plastic barrels? Cleokatra Ponds 6 28-09-2006 05:35 PM
FS: 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels Jeff North Carolina 0 25-07-2005 10:41 PM
Plastic barrels, vortex and muck Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 0 06-05-2003 06:20 AM