Old 16-05-2011, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ladybirds again.. to buy or not to buy

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On May 16, 9:49 pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On May 16, 9:34 pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

Just noticed plenty of aphid activity on a few plants, was thinking of
(or
rather being nagged into) ordering some ladybird adults & larvae and a
house
and food.

Would I be better off spraying the infestation with aphid-killer and
chucking 40 quid over the fence instead? I still have a hard time
believing
that if I buy ladybirds, they're not going to bugger off into the
atmosphere
without even a thank-you as soon as my back's turned. I reckon I might
as
well buy a 40 quid jam jar full of air and release it into my garden,
and
have the same chances of finding some of it still there the next day.

Anyone with opinions/experiences?

If you have aphids then why would you want food for the ladybirds?
And as for a house for them........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Having had a good brows it looks to me as if these people are quite a
good bet,
http://ladybirdplantcare.co.uk/Ladybirds.html

Good find, cheaper than most I've seen, thanks!

I'm getting pressured by family to get some, but I am sure they'll just fly
off as soon as they get wings. I suppose I can tell myself that I'm helping
the environment!

Old 16-05-2011, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

There is no point buying ladybirds _ you have to have to habitat for them
and if you do you have them already.

Is it too late to buy ladybirds? Mentalguy2k8[_2_] United Kingdom 7 03-09-2010 05:41 PM
Ladybirds Troy United Kingdom 32 27-03-2005 10:55 PM
Greenfly / Ladybirds JennyC United Kingdom 7 16-05-2004 01:11 PM
where are all the ladybirds? Pickle United Kingdom 6 08-07-2003 06:32 AM