Old 18-06-2011, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default More blasted rain

Well the sky is overcast and we are having yet more heavy showers, in
the last 36 hours we have had another inch of rain.
I have managed to get 4 beds of dahlias planted and just have another
12 to plant then I will have to make up more for the pot tubrs and
seedlings, at this rate I will still be planting into July.
Still it looks as if it's going to be another good year for apples.
David Hill
Old 18-06-2011, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin wrote:
Well the sky is overcast and we are having yet more heavy showers, in
the last 36 hours we have had another inch of rain.
I have managed to get 4 beds of dahlias planted and just have another
12 to plant then I will have to make up more for the pot tubrs and
seedlings, at this rate I will still be planting into July.
Still it looks as if it's going to be another good year for apples.

Our lawn which was brown two weeks ago is bright green and from time
to time awash. Bring back the drought!

You say that, but even after the days of torrential rain, you dig down 2
inches and it's still solid and dry!
Old 18-06-2011, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On 18 Jun 2011 11:26:48 GMT, wrote:

Martin wrote:
Well the sky is overcast and we are having yet more heavy showers,
in the last 36 hours we have had another inch of rain.
I have managed to get 4 beds of dahlias planted and just have
another 12 to plant then I will have to make up more for the pot
tubrs and seedlings, at this rate I will still be planting into
July.
Still it looks as if it's going to be another good year for apples.

Our lawn which was brown two weeks ago is bright green and from time
to time awash. Bring back the drought!

You say that, but even after the days of torrential rain, you dig
down 2 inches and it's still solid and dry!

Not here, the water table is back where it was in winter - just below
the surface. The ground is nothing but sand here.

I just wish we could have a bit of sun. Even in the "drought" it was
generally overcast and cold.

Ian

Old 18-06-2011, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
[...]

Well we have got sun and clouds and rather a lot of wind :-((

We are going to a BBQ at a Farm so I hope the wind dies down a bit.

Got another BBQ tomorrow ...................... it's hard work being popular
and getting invitations all the time ;-)

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 18-06-2011, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 02:31:16 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Well the sky is overcast and we are having yet more heavy showers, in
the last 36 hours we have had another inch of rain.
I have managed to get 4 beds of dahlias planted and just have another
12 to plant then I will have to make up more for the pot tubrs and
seedlings, at this rate I will still be planting into July.
Still it looks as if it's going to be another good year for apples.
David Hill

I think we've had another 5mm overnight.
I think the total for the month so far is about 45mm
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Old 18-06-2011, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Lovely isn't it!