Old 31-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered User

Smile Fuchsia Deep Purple

Hi, can anybody tell me if I can train Deep Purple into a standard, and is it hardy? Thanks, Jane
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Hi, can anybody tell me if I can train Deep Purple into a standard, and is it hardy? Thanks, Jane
Hi, Jane

I thought fuschia deep purple was a trailing variety?
__________________
You don't have to be Shrek to have green fingers!
For great advice and quality plants visit http://plantsgaloreonline.co.uk or call us on: 01279 792 321
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plants_Galore View Post
Hi, Jane

I thought fuschia deep purple was a trailing variety?
Its so exciting and a great challenge trying to grow standards with any fuchsias.

Go for it.

I am trying to grow a standard from one that came through the winter in our garden .

And lucky me it had 3 leaves the best type try a standard 2 leaves work well too.

Have a go and let me know how you are getting on or a photo please.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotkat View Post
Its so exciting and a great challenge trying to grow standards with any fuchsias.

Go for it.

I am trying to grow a standard from one that came through the winter in our garden .

And lucky me it had 3 leaves the best type try a standard 2 leaves work well too.

Have a go and let me know how you are getting on or a photo please.
Thanks for your reply ScotKat, unfortunately I didn't win Deep Purple (was bidding on eBay) but won some others, so I'll try them and post photos if successful. By the way is it too late to start taking cuttings from plug plants at this time of year, or should I wait until next spring (assuming it's a warm one in the UK!!). Thanks, Jaycee
Old 08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Thanks for your reply ScotKat, unfortunately I didn't win Deep Purple (was bidding on eBay) but won some others, so I'll try them and post photos if successful. By the way is it too late to start taking cuttings from plug plants at this time of year, or should I wait until next spring (assuming it's a warm one in the UK!!). Thanks, Jaycee

Are they in flower Jaycee?

Sorry you never won on Ebay .

Pm me happy to send cuttings when mine are ready .

And if your plug fuchsias are still small I would say not but if they are bigger plants yes you can take tip cuttings.

Can you overwinter your fuchsias?