Old 31-08-2011, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Does ANYBODY ..........

... on urg NOT have the facility to email?

I ask the question because I receive and make dozens of emails with no
trouble at all, but this newsgroup/forum in particular seems to have a
terrific amount of 'stuff' which should go via email.

Does it depend on who their provider is? Does it depend on what type of
computer they have?

I'm not a techie so I don't know.

Curious

Mike

Old 31-08-2011, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.. on urg NOT have the facility to email?

I ask the question because I receive and make dozens of emails with no
trouble at all, but this newsgroup/forum in particular seems to have a
terrific amount of 'stuff' which should go via email.

Does it depend on who their provider is? Does it depend on what type of
computer they have?

I'm not a techie so I don't know.

Curious

Mike

Very remiss of me, I should have pointed out that I am receiving response to
my Lily of the Valley advert, advert? no 'posting' and they are coming via
email.

Mike

Old 31-08-2011, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:53:35 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.. on urg NOT have the facility to email?

The facility to email is nothing to do with the newsgroup. It's
entirely within the email/news application. I suppose if someone was
using a web style of forum than they could be separated from email
facilities but that would be a silly sort of setup.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 31-08-2011, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:55:20 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.. on urg NOT have the facility to email?

I ask the question because I receive and make dozens of emails with no
trouble at all, but this newsgroup/forum in particular seems to have a
terrific amount of 'stuff' which should go via email.

Does it depend on who their provider is? Does it depend on what type of
computer they have?

I'm not a techie so I don't know.

Curious

Mike

Very remiss of me, I should have pointed out that I am receiving response to
my Lily of the Valley advert, advert? no 'posting' and they are coming via
email.

Mike, you are very fond of telling people on this group that if they
don't like the way it is used they should start their own moderated
group. I only look in here occasionally but I have seen you say so
several times.

Since you are yourself unhappy with the way it is being used, it would
seem sensible for you to now set them an example, and start your own
moderated gardening group. Then when you consider that a message
should have been emailed you could treat it accordingly.

These people on uk.rec.gardening seem to be a decent sort of crowd, if
perhps a little unworldly when it comes to internet protocol. They
don't understand or indeed deserve the sort of posting that is common
on the other groups that you and I use. It would be the action of a
gentleman to leave them to their own devices. Do you think you could
manage that?
Old 31-08-2011, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Qwight" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:55:20 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

perhaps a little unworldly when it comes to internet protocol.""

Maybe you are so right! Beyond learning?

Mike

Old 31-08-2011, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:10:50 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

[...]

Same old Mike. Never a straight answer.

Old 31-08-2011, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Qwight" wrote in message

Mike, you are very fond of telling people on this group that if they
don't like the way it is used they should start their own moderated
group. I only look in here occasionally but I have seen you say so
several times.

Since you are yourself unhappy with the way it is being used, it would
seem sensible for you to now set them an example, and start your own
moderated gardening group. Then when you consider that a message
should have been emailed you could treat it accordingly.

Qwight, why would Crowe go to another group and flood it with boasting,
boring, off-topic subjects, when he can do it here, in urg?