Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RHS Wisley Flower Show.

Just back from the show, not that big but some nice plants for sale. We got
there at about 10am and the car park and extended car park were already
almost full. If you are going then may I suggest you get there either very
early, about 9am, or leave it until the afternoon when it thins out
(hopefully!). For those just using the A3 northbound past Wisley please
watch out for queuing cars on the inside as you come round the bend.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Sep 8, 4:02*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Just back from the show, not that big but some nice plants for sale. We got
there at about 10am and the car park and extended car park were already
almost full. If you are going then may I suggest you get there either very
early, about 9am, or leave it until the afternoon when it thins out
(hopefully!). For those just using the A3 northbound past Wisley please
watch out for queuing cars on the inside as you come round the bend.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

We had thought about going but the wife isn't well and with the dodgy
weather I decided that it's just not worth it. It's a round trip of
around 325 miles, and around 7 hours of driving on a good day, I'd
want good weather for the journey and the time there.
Well there's always next year.
David
Old 10-09-2011, 01:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
We had thought about going but the wife isn't well and with the dodgy
weather I decided that it's just not worth it. It's a round trip of
around 325 miles, and around 7 hours of driving on a good day, I'd
want good weather for the journey and the time there.
Well there's always next year.
David

Last year was great LOTS of stall and great plants etc., but crowds were
horrendous. If you had your card with you and came in from the far end
then you could get in the side gate which was much quicker.

Queues and Queues of traffic and last year a horse box had broken down,
though our other major delay was that we were travelling in the middle
lane southwards and a convoy of large lorries meant we missed the exit!!

Apparently there were some real bargains this year and my friend got a
really interesting Mahonia, with orange berries and a sort of reddish
glint to it, not too large either. Not sure of name but new to our group
of gardeners so cuttings will be taken

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Just back from the show, not that big but some nice plants for sale. We got
there at about 10am and the car park and extended car park were already
almost full. If you are going then may I suggest you get there either very
early, about 9am, or leave it until the afternoon when it thins out
(hopefully!). For those just using the A3 northbound past Wisley please
watch out for queuing cars on the inside as you come round the bend.

Spoke to someone who went in the afternoon and they ignored the man with the
yellow wand and tried the main car park and parked easily quite near the
main entrance. So go late seems to be the way to go.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.