Old 15-09-2011, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomato stories

Worked out which plant was the Jersey Sunrise (and I do only appear to have
one), and it's got fruit. Oddly, it has 3 ripe fruit that I picked today,
one is about 3" diam, one is about 1.5" and one is about 3/4", all ripe!
Old 16-09-2011, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in :

It's always worth a try. But as the JS are heritage types we want to
keep them pure!

I have a Q about this.

How do you know you are keeping them pure?

Please don't take me wrong but along comes a bee from a mile away and as
you open the poly. or greenhouse to maintain the tomato plants in he pops
and crosses all of them. I have often wondered about this.

Baz
Old 16-09-2011, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sacha wrote:
realms of Mendel at the same time so I think my tomatoes may now have
blue eyes. ;-)

You're mixing up your tomatoes with potatoes, Sacha.
Old 16-09-2011, 10:53 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Sacha[_4_
; But with the F1 hybrids they will revert to one of
their parents
Why?
Why would the offspring not be a mixture of all the possibilities - ie some hybrid, some the genetic make up of one or other of the parents?

who just bought a driveway torch? Sarge? and any stories yet? Clark... Lawns 1 06-01-2008 10:36 PM
Growing coriander - any success stories/ ashnook United Kingdom 3 09-01-2005 07:49 PM
My Worst Planted Aquarium Mistake (Please Contribute Stories!) Dave Millman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 19 09-12-2004 04:59 AM
Elm Tree stories RoyDMercer Lawns 2 18-04-2004 04:04 PM
New Thread: Funniest Orchid Stories Diana Kulaga Orchids 10 07-10-2003 11:09 PM