Old 16-10-2011, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default With OT Scams in the newsgroup/forum ..........

..................... wouldn't it be a good idea for the readers to post a
few so we can all be warned? Is not in the interest of the readers to help
each other?

Kind regards

Mike

Old 16-10-2011, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 08:21:55 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.................... wouldn't it be a good idea for the readers to post a
few so we can all be warned? Is not in the interest of the readers to help
each other?

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

If anyone here wants to learn about spam and how not to be fooled by
it there is already plenty of advice to be found via Google.
Old 16-10-2011, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

.................... wouldn't it be a good idea for the readers to post a
few so we can all be warned? Is not in the interest of the readers to help
each other?

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

If anyone here wants to learn about spam and how not to be fooled by
it there is already plenty of advice to be found via Google.

How does it feel to be wrong? ..... :-))

I happen to know that the spam is collected via certain web sites and the
activities I am involved in with the Ex Service Associations I deal with. As
the past President of one Royal Air Force Association, and as the President
of a Royal Navy Association, I know that these attract the spam.

And, as I am very much involved in Shanklin Theatre and Masonic matters, I
attract the spam from there as well. Therefore please put brain into gear
before joining those who like, not like, simply LOVE to attack me :-))

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike

Old 17-10-2011, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Fuschia
writes

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

Hear hear.

If you're likely to fall for that stuff you shouldn't be on the internet
on your own. Quite why it needs to be plastered over this group is
beyond me.

Its almost as if certain people are in a dick measuring competition. Par
for the course, I guess...

--
regards andyw
Old 17-10-2011, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"news" wrote in message
In article , Fuschia
writes

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

Hear hear.

If you're likely to fall for that stuff you shouldn't be on the internet
on your own. Quite why it needs to be plastered over this group is beyond
me.

Its almost as if certain people are in a dick measuring competition. Par
for the course, I guess...

--
regards andyw

Once again, the topic is scams. OK?

Good :-))

Mike

Old 17-10-2011, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-10-16 12:19:27 +0100, Fuschia

wrote:

.................... wouldn't it be a good idea for the readers to post
few so we can all be warned? Is not in the interest of the readers to
help
each other?

It's not surprising that after all your trolling activities around the
web you are attracting so much spam, but that's no excuse for you to
fill up this group with it.

If anyone here wants to learn about spam and how not to be fooled by
it there is already plenty of advice to be found via Google.

As does happen here from time to time, I was letting the group know about
what was - to me, at least - a new scam. I did that in a post clearly
marked OT so that people could avoid it if they wished to do so. Mike has
started at least three threads on this subject, while attempting to berate
others for even mentioning the subject. On top of that, he has now
started another thread, inviting Garden Banter readers to expand the
'discussion'. If ever there was a clear example of his intentions to
wreck this group, this is it. Garden Banter readers will, I hope, be
aware that they'll be jumping through a hoop held by the most unpopular
person ever to infest this newsgroup. He is a very malicious and spiteful
individual using his 'enemies' to spoil urg for those who are genuinely
helpful and interesting contributors.
--
Sacha

Well that's one way of putting it, but sooooooooooooo wrong.

Off Topic subjects are OFF TOPIC whoever starts them ......... NO?

If NO, why NO?

and of course we all know that ALL postings are copied to gardenbanter, so
why not just accept it?

:-))

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 17-10-2011, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-10-16 12:19:27 +0100, Fuschia

wrote:

[...]

If you killfile him then you need never see anything he writes again -
unless someone is daft enough to reply to one of his jibes. We cannot
stop him polluting GardenBanter with nonsense off topic posts but we do
not have to read his garbage on Usenet unless someone takes the bait.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 17-10-2011, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-10-17 10:41:18 +0100, Martin Brown
said:snip

If you killfile him then you need never see anything he writes again -
unless someone is daft enough to reply to one of his jibes. We cannot
stop him polluting GardenBanter with nonsense off topic posts but we do
not have to read his garbage on Usenet unless someone takes the bait.

Regards,
Martin Brown

If you kill file people like Crowe, you don't know what they're up to and
how much harm they're doing. To my certain knowledge, he is a liar and he
frequently badmouths this group in general and individuals in it.
Because, about 12 years ago, some people here objected to him using this
group to promote his unrelated-to-gardening interests, he has waged a
vendetta against urg ever since and if he can wreck the group, he will. I
prefer to keep an eye on that but of course, others will do as they
prefer.
--
Sacha

Amazing just how wrong you can be :-))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 17-10-2011, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in
On 2011-10-17 11:51:35 +0100, Martin said:
He frequently contravenes the T&Cs of his internet provider. I assume
that he is well aware of this. If not he should read then carefully.

Indeed he should, because if he doesn't, someone else will one of
these days. His almost hysterical flurry of posts on this topic is
just begging for trouble.

He's obsessed, or possibly ill. You can't call it normal behaviour.

Anyway, did anyone have a lovely day in the garden yesterday? It was
really sunny here. We spent most of the afternoon pottering around,
getting various jobs done but there's plenty more still needs attention.

--
Sue