Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default a nice surprise

In article , Sacha
writes
You sound like my husband who, every time the tv does a 'surprise'
arrival at someone's house or whatever, says "isn't it amazing that the
camerman got inside first?" He's ruined many a moment of
plot-unfolding anticipation for me! ;-)

Quite right too, I hate being taken for an idiot just because i happen
to watch one of their daft programmes sometimes! Why can't they just
have a surprise and then the cameraman comes in with the visitor? It's
like the documentaries when they say in sombre voice that the trekker or
naturalist is deep in some long forgotten jungle and won't be bale to
get out if they can't find x y z and yet a whole crew of film cameramen
and sound wotsits are taking all the film!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 06-11-2011, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tree preservation orders
A Tree Preservation Order (TPO) is an order made by a local planning
authority, giving legal protection to trees or woodland, which may be under
threat and have a significant impact on their local surroundings. A TPO can
cover anything from a single tree, to whole woodlands or a hedgerow but does
not cover bushes or shrubs.

No particular species is protected. Fruit trees can be protected providing
they meet the necessary criteria. However, if the protected fruit tree is
cultivated commercially for its fruit, the consent of the local authority is
not required for felling or pruning as long as it is in the interests of the
business to do so.."

I shouldn't think your tree would be under threat or have a significant
impact on your local surroundings requiring legal protection.

Hope this helps.

Indeed it does and interesting info. thanks. You are right Bill, I don't
think anyone is interested in my little tree so it is safe for a while :-)

kate

A nice surprise Cat(h) United Kingdom 21 14-03-2007 07:34 PM
Nice Surprise Mark_OK Orchid Photos 1 10-12-2006 10:15 PM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM