Old 02-05-2003, 10:44 AM
John Pearce

Default Suggestion

For a well reasoned debate on the hedgehog issue why not start a new newsgroup uk.rec.hedgehogs and then uk.rec.gardening can address what it is supposed to? I can understand the cross-posting to uk.rec.birdwatching, uk.rec.natural-history and uk.environment.conservation but slightly OT for gardening.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Drakanthus

"John Pearce" wrote in message

For a well reasoned debate on the hedgehog issue why not start a new newsgroup
uk.rec.hedgehogs and then uk.rec.gardening can address what it is supposed to?
I can understand the cross-posting to uk.rec.birdwatching,

uk.rec.natural-history
and uk.environment.conservation but slightly OT for gardening.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The endless number of vitreolic messages losely
related to hedgehogs is irritating and of little relevant to this group. I've
ended up adding several people to my blocked senders list as a result.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Old 02-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Paul Kelly

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
"John Pearce" wrote in message

For a well reasoned debate on the hedgehog issue why not start a new

newsgroup
uk.rec.hedgehogs and then uk.rec.gardening can address what it is

supposed to?
I can understand the cross-posting to uk.rec.birdwatching,

uk.rec.natural-history
and uk.environment.conservation but slightly OT for gardening.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The endless number of vitreolic messages

losely
related to hedgehogs is irritating and of little relevant to this group.

I've
ended up adding several people to my blocked senders list as a result.
--

Is that still going on? OE has kindly been filtering anything with hedgehogs
in the title for ages!

pk

Old 02-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Adrian Tupper

"John Pearce" wrote in message
For a well reasoned debate on the hedgehog issue why not start a new

newsgroup uk.rec.hedgehogs and then uk.rec.gardening can address what it is
supposed to? I can understand the cross-posting to uk.rec.birdwatching,
uk.rec.natural-history and uk.environment.conservation but slightly OT for
gardening.

Ditto for uk.rec.walking where the relevance is approaching zilch.
But it's given us a bit of a larf, you know.

--
Adrian

Old 02-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Drakanthus

Is that still going on? OE has kindly been filtering anything with hedgehogs
in the title for ages!

pk

Good suggestion. I've now added the same filter to OE.

Old 02-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Ophelia

"Adrian Tupper" wrote in message
Where are you waving from?

Any good 'ejog recipes?

hehe... uk.rec.gardening. You?

The chances of making a deep fire in the garden to cook them covered in mud
are bleak atm. Can I bring them over to you??

All a bit mad all this cross posting.

Old 03-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Rodney Blackall

I am trying to exterminate all the buttercups in my lawn.

Do you think this will attract a crowd of protestors if the news gets out?

"Name and address withheld"

Old 04-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Rodney Blackall contains these words:
(snip)

"Name and address withheld"

You really haven't got the hang of trolling, have you, Rodney?

Janet.

Old 06-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Colin Davidson

"John Pearce" wrote in message

For a well reasoned debate on the hedgehog issue why not start a new

newsgroup uk.rec.hedgehogs

try alt.fan.hedgehogs.