Old 31-03-2003, 05:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default A suggestion/question/request...

I spend most of my pond time on rec.ponds. There is definitely a distinct
group here. I have also noticed there is a distinct, albeit smaller, group
over at alt.garden.pond.chat. The two groups seem to stay apart, although
the topics are very similar.

I have cross posted to both groups in the past in hopes of luring each group
over to the other (really I want to get everyone on rec.ponds) side.

What do you think about us, *gulp*, cross posting for a bit, on new
questions and topics ONLY, in order to get some more audience?

BV.

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Old 31-03-2003, 06:44 PM
LRobi31070

I checked it out. It took me a little while to find, but it seems ok! I saw
Jerri had been there! LOL! Maybe there will be more activity over the summer.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:56 AM
jammer

On 31 Mar 2003 17:32:17 GMT, (LRobi31070) wrote:

Pssst....got your money today, thanks
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 01-04-2003, 07:32 PM
LRobi31070

your welcome. I think the plants are already growing. It has been 70s here,
but the wind is about to tear everything up it is so gusty! Lou Ann
Old 02-04-2003, 02:08 AM

alt groups tend to get spammed and trolled more than rec. groups. however, I think
that one is moderated and a few years ago I think some people were kicked off or
something. people have tried to start groups and email lists as an offshoot to this
one without much luck. the experts are here. Ingrid

Old 02-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:02:19 -0600, dr-solo wrote:

alt groups tend to get spammed and trolled more than rec. groups.
however, I think that one is moderated and a few years ago I think
some people were kicked off or something. people have tried to
start groups and email lists as an offshoot to this one without much
luck. the experts are here. Ingrid

I went missing just before that time. I remember the rec.ponders
using agpc for posting pond pics for a while. What /did/ happen
to the original camaraderie?
And where in heck is Brett? Ain't it about BBQ time?

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

I spend most of my pond time on rec.ponds. There is definitely a
distinct group here. I have also noticed there is a distinct, albeit
smaller, group over at alt.garden.pond.chat. The two groups seem to
stay apart, although the topics are very similar.

I have cross posted to both groups in the past in hopes of luring
each group over to the other (really I want to get everyone on
rec.ponds) side.

What do you think about us, *gulp*, cross posting for a bit, on new
questions and topics ONLY, in order to get some more audience?

BV.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
snip
I went missing just before that time. I remember the rec.ponders
using agpc for posting pond pics for a while. What /did/ happen
to the original camaraderie?
And where in heck is Brett? Ain't it about BBQ time?

snip

Do we have a binary equivalent? Maybe we should get one.

BV.

Old 02-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:56:05 -0600, BenignVanilla wrote:

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
snip
I went missing just before that time. I remember the rec.ponders
using agpc for posting pond pics for a while. What /did/ happen to
the original camaraderie?
And where in heck is Brett? Ain't it about BBQ time?

snip

Do we have a binary equivalent? Maybe we should get one.

BV.

I'd rather see a website where pics don't have to disappear every so
often.
Maybe a Yahoo! group or sumpin.

Cybe R. Wizard
Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote in message
newsan.2003.04.02.14.39.56.626091.569@WizardsTow er...
snip
I'd rather see a website where pics don't have to disappear every so
often.
Maybe a Yahoo! group or sumpin.

I am using a new content management package on my web site...it's something
I am working of for work, and I thought I'd use it for my site as a test
bed. Because it is easy to maintain, I would be MORE then happy to be a
repository for your photos. All I ask is that you zip them up before mailing
them to me, and bear with me as I post them.

Anyone that is interested, just send your photos to me at:

benignvanilla AT tibetanbeefgarden.com

or

jeff AT daroconsulting.com

or

jeff AT darofamily.com

BV.

I need a suggestion will Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Planting Suggestion Required Heather Edwards Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Suggestion? Mike Noren Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
Street Tree Suggestion James McMillan Gardening 8 13-02-2003 03:25 PM
Suggestion for smaller Winter Cabbage John Towill United Kingdom 9 20-12-2002 07:42 PM