Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Planting spuds

On 2012-01-09 08:03:02 +0000, Moonraker said:

On 08/01/2012 20:08, Bill Grey wrote:

Snipped for Sacha ;-)

A bit OT, but in days of old, when money was more than tight, my
Grandfather would dig a trench, put a layer of compost in then place
spud peelings in, covering them each day. He did not get a good crop, but
a satisfactory one though. Gardening on a budget in extremis I guess.

Very considerate of you, Bill. ;-) Funnily enough, I was just thinking
that the other day when I was peeling some potatoes which had started to
chit. I wondered in a fleeting, passing thought, if I'd get potatoes from
them. Now I know I could, though I think we'll probably stick with
International Kidney.

--
Sacha

Not my writing Sacha but "Moonraker" a bit confusing in the relpy I think.

Bill

Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-01-09 08:03:02 +0000, Moonraker said:

[...]

Sorry, Bill. I have no idea how I did that!

Gin?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
writes
I frequently get volunteer potatoes from peelings in the compost.

And from those i didn't find last year!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

planting spuds John Price United Kingdom 7 07-04-2012 04:50 PM
Planting spuds.. mogga United Kingdom 5 05-03-2012 11:06 AM
New spuds Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 12 07-07-2003 02:47 AM
Spuds Neil Trotter United Kingdom 2 13-06-2003 12:08 PM
Spuds - when to harvest? Tom Elliott Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:33 AM